HELP B&B is not allowing the security deposit to refund for guest damage and guest left negative fee

Christa114
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

HELP B&B is not allowing the security deposit to refund for guest damage and guest left negative fee

I was just left a NEGATIVE REVIEW by my guest who stayed 6 night. But she had chosen to ignore the request to PAY for damaged items and items she ate and drank even after I indicated to her that these items are not for guests. I have signs put up AND I SET OUT FREE SNACKS, coffees, teas, WATER AND BREAKFAST ITEMS FOR GUESTS! This is above and beyond what hosts generally offer. Her 2 year old urinated in the bed and she left tge diaper in the sheet and tossed it to be washed. The baby screams daily because at the age of two she can’t say a single word. This is an unjustifiable review and Imani probably thinks my request was her review. I woukd like the review removed as it does not reflect truth it reflect her anger for being asked to compensate for all of this. She didn’t even tell me her daughter destroyed the book. She just put it back I assume in hopes I woukd t notice and it would dry before I did. She also removed this same book from the home. I had to request it back. And the child bit the entire edge of it. A book is not intended for a toy especially when it’s not yours. 3.49 cent sweet tea bottles are not given to guests! They are hidden in drawers in my fridge! Now. I have none. And a negative and unjustified review. How are we as hosts protected?????? Ohh and I called a rep while she was here late Thursday evening and she shouted at me. Now Air B&B isn’t responding to me. I knew this would happen. Is this a scam? I have a strict cancel policy and my  first guest was able to cancel the reservation right in the middle of the reservation due to the guest complaining about smoking when it was his own roommate who was smoking in the room while he was gone for the evening and I was not paid out for the reservation. When I signed up for B&B what I read on strict policy was that if they do not cancel 24 hours prior to the reservation info they are charged for the reservation apparently this is not true in my case I even provided B&B with photographs of these hand rolled cigarettes And again as of yet they have yet to respond to me about this and all they do is keep closing out the messages that I sent to them so that that there are no responses and that I cannot reply back to them at all as if the case is closed out.. HELP!! I looked up Airbnb on the Better Business Bureau and on yelp and I couldn’t find them anywhere so it appears that they’re not accredited and this makes me extremely nervous now.  What I do know is I cannot simply just except the fact that my guest just literally ate drink and distracted more than what she paid for her entire stay with me and I only requested the security deposit to pay for what took place but technically it cost more to correct or re-purchased what was used or damaged and it’s still not fair and then she ends up believing in negative feedback for me I have yet to respond to that or leave feedback for her as I am waiting For B&B to respond to me which for some reason they think is not a priority. 🙁

3 Replies 3
Christa114
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

What do I do??? I don’t want another representative to shout at me ...

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Christa114 

I don't see a negative review for Your listing. You have only one review and it's positive.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Christa114  please do some research about how abb handles the “security deposit” just about 100% of what you wrote in your rules will never be enforced. 

Also it might help clarify things if you had a friend help edit your listing. Spell check or a translation program has highjacked some of your words and it is confusing to read.