HELP ! Switch entirely from Facebook login to email login but keep account!

Allblues-Halkidiki0
Level 2
Brussels, Belgium

HELP ! Switch entirely from Facebook login to email login but keep account!

Hey guys,

So here is the story. My partner and me ran a property management company. The login was linked to his facebook. So far so good.

However, we decided to separate professionally so in order for me to keep the page and all its reviews and properties, I would like to switch entirely to an email login, without it being in any way dependant or connected to the previous facebook login.

I researched but the answers seem vague and I even saw somewhere that you can never really disconnect your facebook login.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanx in advance everyone!

Paschos

5 Replies 5
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Allblues-Halkidiki0  Here's how to get rid of the FaceBook Login:

Here are the full steps.. You need to sign in with Facebook or Google to proceed' dialog:

1) Click on your Profile Picture  -> Settings -> Privacy -> Social Connections -> untick Share my activity

2) Edit profile -> Trust & Verification -> disconnect Facebook or Google

3) Log out

4) Try to Log back in with only your email. If you get the 'You need to sign into Facebook or Google dialog' continue with step (5)

5) Log out if you're logged in. On the login page, click FORGOT PASSWORD. This will send a reset password email - go through that and reset your password. Then login again with your email. No more mandatory Facebook or Google dialog!

Hey Letti,

Thank you for the reply. A question I have is, when you mention at step 4 to login with my email, it is an entirely new email so will it work? Cause Facebook's email is actually my partner's email.

Another question I have is, after doing all the above and say my partner decides to change his Facebook password, will I be affected and my page? Is Facebook completely and entirely disconnected and not associated with my login and page?

Thank you in advance!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Allblues-Halkidiki0  Go to your profile and then settings. The box at the top right Contact information hit the Edit button. Add whatever email you want and save it. Then do the above steps. Use the email you changed it to login with and the password reset will go there. FaceBook will completely be removed and anything he changes will not effect the account anymore.

Fingers crossed this will work. Will keep this updated if it worked. 

I very much appreciate your help Letti. Thank you!!

Jan848
Level 1
Hanover, MA

I want to do the same thing but I don't remember my password and the email is no longer a valid one - HELP!