HELP! The current guest reservation is cancelled by me??

Pei-Ling0
Level 2
Monterey Park, CA

HELP! The current guest reservation is cancelled by me??

Hi,
I wanted to check my booking calendar this afternoon around 2:30 pm and saw my current booking (14 nights, they have stayed two nights) has been cancelled at 2:10 pm and the guest is refunded. 
I remembered I saw it was cancelled by guest name, but after I contacted Airbnb immediately, they said it's cancelled by me and I check again, it's by me.
I swear I didn't cancel the booking,  could it be possible that I or my cat accidentally press the cancel and it doesn't need to confirm?

I didn't receive any confirmation email, nor did I get an instant host cancellation review on my listing.
I started 4 thread asking for help, the Airbnb support team always send my case to "correct department" and no one really helps me. I even waited an hour for a call, still the same answer. 

I still have the guests in my house, it's 8 pm now, can anyone give me some suggestion on what should I do? or who should I contact?
Could it be possible it's their system mistake? 

I haven't contacted my guest yet, I was hoping to hear a solution from Airbnb first.  But if Airbnb is not helping me with this, how can I get them out nicely?
Any response help! I will really appreciate it.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Pei-Ling0 

If you cancelled, the guest is (offcourse) informed too by Airbnb about the cancellation, the refund etc..

So ask the guest if she received those information and is aware of the cancellation.

It is also possible the guest wanted to cancel and you were asked to accept it (which you did ? )

If this all has not happened, there could be some system error and then Airbnb must resolve it, as you nor the guest are at fault.

BTW

Did you check your Transaction History pages if there is an adjustment regarding the reservation ?

Best regards,

Emiel

yes, the guest was totally refunded.

see what I find out below.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Pei-Ling0 it could be Airbnb have cancelled for safety reasons or because the guest has used a fraudulent credit card.

I suggest you continue to ca=hase Airbnb (perhaps via twitter) and also, if you feel safe doing so, start a dialogue with your guest to see whats happening.

Pei-Ling0
Level 2
Monterey Park, CA

The guest canceled the booking after two days of staying in our house, the only conversation we had was he asking about how to access to washer and dryer, which we don't have on-site and was indicated on our listing because there is a 24 hours Laundromat in the next block.
The booking showed canceled by the host and the guest was totally refunded after two days of their stay. I had no idea what happened and thought that was a mistake from Airbnb, I tried to contact Airbnb without disturbing the guest but Airbnb insisted I canceled it and wouldn’t tell me the truth until I finally contacted the guest and found out they complained to Airbnb about a suspected mold issue he found in the hallway cabinet, way up to the ceiling in a hard to reach corner (I need a ladder to get to it). It is not mold; instead, it is just water stain and a little drywall debris when fixing the roof leak years ago. There is no mold presented in the cabinet (I had an inspector exam it when I bought the house and after this incident).
Airbnb finally told me the truth after 1 week of trying to reach the right person but still insisting on blocking 2 weeks of my calendar and refund the money to guests. The entire process with Airbnb is really helpless and stressful. Not only I hosted the guest for two nights free, but I can’t take any guests for the entire original booking period which is 2 weeks. This is something all the hosts out there need to be aware of; Airbnb will not protect you from false claims. My review was 4.97, the listing is an old house, but guests always find it sparkling clean. The guest accused the house of not clean and not safe and left this shocking situation with a messy house full of trash and left TV and AC on for two days until we realize it’s not a system mistake, the guests were really gone.
I checked the reviews of the guest later on, it turns out they did the same thing to the next host, and Airbnb didn’t protect the host and let this kind of guests keep taking advantage of hosts and stay for free.
This kind of guest will do everything to find a problem in your home and tell Airbnb your home is not safe to stay, and Airbnb without investigation, will accommodate them to a new place, they keep doing this for their entire trip, and get free stay. Airbnb is helping them to take advantage of hosts.

@Pei-Ling0  It's absolutely despicable that Airbnb treats hosts like this.

You should reopen this case and insist they open your calendar. Maybe you'll get a more helpful CS rep if you try again. Don't communicate with the one you were dealing with before- try them on their Twitter account.