HELP!!!!!

Answered!

HELP!!!!!

So disappointed in Airbnb. I need to know where my next mortgage payment is coming from...also utilities, water, propane,etc...how can you conscionably do what you are doing to your hosts??? I suggest you step up, I will be losing my home, thanks to you, Airbnb and you will be losing a very profitable source of income from me. Why don't you research the total amount of money you, Airbnb, have made from me over the years without investing a dime in my home or property?? That will be going away when I, no longer have my home, due to foreclosure, and so will you, Airbnb, lose from every other hosts'  income whom are in the same horrible and uncoscionable situation you, Airbnb, have place us in. You, Airbnb, will also lose out from hosts that are, now, disgusted by your, Airbnb, code of ethics and, as well from potential guests. 

1 Best Answer

@Laura-And-Rick0   I truly hope you find a way to keep a roof over your head that is not dependent on Airbnb or on the volatile STR or travel market. It's times like these that the precariousness of the "sharing economy" is truly exposed, though posting an Airbnb listing was never promised to be a guarantee of secure income.

Hosts who have suffered losses from cancellation refunds are all understandably directing their rage at Airbnb right now, but you'll soon find you're in exactly the same boat as hosts whose calendars sit empty due to the collapse of tourism, and those whose local restrictions are forbidding it.  It will likely turn out that this type of rental is just a losing proposition for most people for the coming months, and may not recover fast enough to be worth holding out for. 

Please do whatever you must to protect your livelihood, and don't wait for Airbnb to step in and help you. That was never a part of the deal, and it's certainly not going to become one in a time like this.

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9

@Laura-And-Rick0   I truly hope you find a way to keep a roof over your head that is not dependent on Airbnb or on the volatile STR or travel market. It's times like these that the precariousness of the "sharing economy" is truly exposed, though posting an Airbnb listing was never promised to be a guarantee of secure income.

Hosts who have suffered losses from cancellation refunds are all understandably directing their rage at Airbnb right now, but you'll soon find you're in exactly the same boat as hosts whose calendars sit empty due to the collapse of tourism, and those whose local restrictions are forbidding it.  It will likely turn out that this type of rental is just a losing proposition for most people for the coming months, and may not recover fast enough to be worth holding out for. 

Please do whatever you must to protect your livelihood, and don't wait for Airbnb to step in and help you. That was never a part of the deal, and it's certainly not going to become one in a time like this.

Airbnb  does need revision but Airbnb is not responsible for others paying their bill properly 

I'm not sure how this community back and forth works as I am an outdoors physical person and not interested in technology except fo just, what is necessary. What exactly is it that was solved and by whom was whatever solved? Confused...

So disappointed also. Airbnb only helping Hosts in USA.  Maybe we should ban them from our countries. After stating that they would he helping superhost all over the world.  I have been corresponding with Airbnb about the help they were offering they Sent emails stating this only to get our hopes up and now are saying that they are only helping Airbnb in USA. 

Thank you. Is there any word on the payouts for Superhosts. I have sunk all of my funds into my Airbnb and am now relying on food handouts and food vouchers. Is there a way in which I can get a loan when things open back up as I need approximately $5000 to finish the improvements I have made to my Airbnb after it was damaged by the hurricane. I originally sent picture showing the damage I had received to Airbnb and can now show you pictures of the improvements I made and am now unable to complete due to the corvid 19.
I am desperate and if I am not entitled to a Superhost payout because of my no-charge cancellation policy (which only makes Airbnb more flexible for customers). If this is the case please allow me to borrow from Airbnb for future stays at Summerkirk.

Kind regards
Meredith Stapff

@Meredith156  Nowhere is it said that the refund and grant programs are only for US hosts. That simply isn't true. I don't know where you got this info?

And you are confusing two different programs.

If you have a flexible cancellation policy, you won't be eligible for the 25% of the cancellation fee program, but you might be eligible for the Superhost grant (which isn't based on your cancellation policy)- you'll just have to wait and see if you get an "invite".

You are dreaming, though, if you think Airbnb is going to loan you money to cover improvements to your property. I'm sorry your place was damaged in the hurricane, but most homeowners have house insurance which covers these kinds of damages, certainly any homeowner who has a house in a hurricane-prone area that could be damaged by that would be remiss in not making sure they have hurricane damage coverage in their private house insurance policy.

@Laura-And-Rick0 , it means you have ticked it as a solution,  that's all.

Please direct us to when we can get compensated for one guest already checked out, another one checking out tomorrow.  We are concerned for the guest checking in tomorrow if we will ever get paid too.  Once and for all please reply to our concern.

We are so confused at what is going around the community, shall we stay or get out of ABB?  Please pay us, we've not gotten anything from ABB with the help promised, we can wait, but we need to be compensated for what we worked for....please, this is our money....don't take it all, it's for the mortgage and food.  We are just one of those using our extra space to make ends meet for two seniors.  We haven't even gotten any stimulus from the government either.   Airbnb is okay to send us guests, but where's the money?

not sure if I can even comment on this situation I am bran new to airbnb but here I go: the government has in place a forbearance program that you can apply thru your bank/lender that program sends your mortgage payments to the end of your loan and it goes thru December of this year. also you can apply for the 10k grant for small business that money you don't have to pay back. also apply for the EDD unemployment it is retroactive. I hope this helps good luck.

Brandy106
Level 2
Brownsburg, IN

I'm a guest and I need the legal department as the resolution center didn't resolve my claim. This is NOT A relaxing Niagara Falls vacation home and I want my money back.

Screenshot_20211017-122841_Chrome.jpg