HI We listed entire home plus each individual room until covid. I want to deactivate the rooms, I seached and every thing says I'll keep all reviews.

Mary1247
Level 2
Nacogdoches, TX

HI We listed entire home plus each individual room until covid. I want to deactivate the rooms, I seached and every thing says I'll keep all reviews.

But when I went to deactivte first room I received dire warnings that it would lose the reviews and any access to them. Maybe I misunderstood as I backed out of that screen pretty quick. 

To be sure I understand the result of deactivating.

I have four listing, entire home(still active), Queen suite, Double room and Twin room I wish to deactivate. (I've snoozed them over and over, delisted as well, I want to be done with them)

I know how to delist them, I'm just cautious about it.

But the reviews will still be visible on my profile. Yes?

Thank you for your time

5 Replies 5
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Mary1247 Yes you keep your reviews, on your profile.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Are you sure, @Colleen253 ? I sold my house but wanted to keep reviews for when I recommence hosting in another location. Looks better for future guests with hundreds of reviews than a blank slate. I got a warning that my reviews would disappear if I delisted, so I kept the listing but made it dormant. Permanently dormant but still there. 

@Sandra126 Yes, your reviews will always be visible on your profile even when your listing is gone, because they are an integral part of your Airbnb identity. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/476/snooze-unlist-or-deactivate-your-listing#:~:text=you're%20dea....

"Keep in mind that deactivating your listing won’t impact any reviews from your guests or reviews you’ve left them—they’ll still show on the public profiles."

@Mary1247 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sandra126 I know @Colleen253 is right because there are certain hosts who regularly delete their properties and start again so that the poor reviews attached to the property go away. The reviews do stay on the hosts profile.

I just wonder if Airbnb are pandering to their corporate hosts and have changed the rules. Perhaps delete one room and see what happens. Alternatively snoozing is possibly best anyway so that you can reactivate in the future if another pandemic swings by.

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Sandra126 I am not the knower of all things, which is why I post links to what Airbnb says on the matter. Goodness knows though, their publications are not always updated when they make changes, the language is often ambiguous, and their ‘support agents’ usually know less than any of us. Ugh. Annoying as heck. 

@Mary1247