HOW TO CANCEL A RESERVATION

Sheryle0
Level 1
Homosassa Springs, FL

HOW TO CANCEL A RESERVATION

A guest contacted me and requested a reservation for three nights. On my phone, I can't access their narrative until I reply with accept/decline and a reason why - then I get to see the guest's questions, comments, etc. Lucky for me, up until this time I had never had a problem with that. But this time, after I accepted the request for three nights, I read her narrative where she requests permission to allow her guest (her mother) to smoke (we are strict non-smoking) and to leave after 2 nights without cost if her dates don't work out. I responded to her that no, her mother may not smoke on our property and no, I would not refund her for the sudden change of the 3 night request into 2 nights. She complains that she was merely looking for information initially, and not wanted to definately confirm a reservation, and now, having been confirmed, if she cancels, she will lose the coupon with which she planned to pay for the stay. If I cancel her, I am penalized.  Is there some way out of this mess where we 2, who both agree that she should not come here, can walk away without being penalized?

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Sheryle0

Ring your superhost phone number and speak to customer service, its a genuine mistake and I find them very helpful.

Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide