HOW TO MANAGE PUBLIC REVIEWS THAT INCLUDES LIES AND ARE OFFENSIVE???

Monica-and-Cristina0
Level 2
Puerto Ayora, Ecuador

HOW TO MANAGE PUBLIC REVIEWS THAT INCLUDES LIES AND ARE OFFENSIVE???

Hola everyone!! Im struggling with a really bad guest, he left us a comment full of lies and is really offensive, he had no problems while he was in our property, but one day after the check out he wrote to us thru WhatsApp to ask for money saying he got bitten by bed bugs in our house.  We told him that is not possible, our cleaning standard are really high, specially since COVID, but he was upset and started insulting us and threatening us about reporting our Guest House to the Ministry of Tourism and to Airbnb if we didn´t pay for his ¨medical treatment¨  We actually believe that his problem was that he always kept windows and doors opened, and since we live in a tropical area he got mosquitoes bites.  Of course this person didn´t believe that, he got like crazy and kept sending hateful messages, we wrote to Airbnb and ask for help cause we didn´t know how to handle this situation.  He put an awful public review, and since he was upset for that situation, he lied about our place, about our locations, our internet, well about everything. At the beginning Airbnb help, reviewed the comment and took it down, they said that it was not according to the policy, but after 3 or 4 days, they put it back again, and since then, they been just saying that its not again the policies, we even sent documents to prove that everything this person said was a lie, but there is no way to do anything.  So I am wondering, how do you manage a situation like this? Does any guest has the possibility to say anything they want on the comments and Airbnb can be ok with it? By the way this person was extremely offensive in a different review previously too.  Did someone here had a situation like this before?, cause i don't know what to do now.

3 Replies 3

Brandon and Evan stayed after.  I do have a receipt by a pest control company that checked the house after this person left, confirming that there are no bed bugs in our house and also the certificate of fumigation made in May, all of this was sent to Airbnb Help. 

I hope that, It was erased at the beginning and now post it again, thats why I don't understand what this person did or why the one in charge to review the comment put it back.  Anyway, thank you so much for your time! will keep contacting Airbnb help then!

My dad, José and I are the property managers.  But he just mentioned him on the comments since he was in charge of receive him and checking that everything was ok in the property.