Hacked account please give me your opinion!!!!

Answered!
Iakovos3
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hacked account please give me your opinion!!!!

Hello,my name is Jack and I am from Greece.Me and my family have 21 houses in Santorini and we advertise them via AirBnB the past 7 years.30 hours ago our acount got hacked and we cannot access it since then.We called AirBnB costumer service and they told us that they will put us on high priority and that was all.Since yesterday they did not nothing and today we have huge problems because a lot of people come and we are not there to pick them up from the port or the airport,not only that but some of them came straight to us and they found there house dirty since we dint know what time they will be arriving.Last but not least from past costumers we havent got our money from AirBnB and the amount is over 5.000 Euros.We dont have any response from them.80% of our costumers come via AirBnB and now we cant see there reservations.I dont know why AirBnB is doing that to us.My question is that shall we go to the Police since AirBnB is not helping us? P.S. 1.This is my personal account and I post through that because the one that we use for the houses is hacked and we cannot access it 2.Sorry for my bad English.

1 Best Answer
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Iakovos3 I am sorry this is happening to you. Be more persistent, call them again, contact them on Twitter that seems to help, you can also try Facebook. I don't have any other idea how to help you but please let us know how things go, I hope it will be fixed soon. 

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Iakovos3 I am sorry this is happening to you. Be more persistent, call them again, contact them on Twitter that seems to help, you can also try Facebook. I don't have any other idea how to help you but please let us know how things go, I hope it will be fixed soon. 

Iakovos3
Level 2
Athens, Greece

I know that it sounds stupid but,do you think is a good idea to call the Cyber Crime Division of Greece since Airbnb is not helping at all?

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Iakovos3 honestly I am not sure since I don't know the laws there but there is no harm in asking right? You can call and they will let you know if there is anything they can do. 

Iakovos3
Level 2
Athens, Greece

*Problem solved*After many phone calls to AirBnB and many messeges via Facebook and twitter one employ of them finally helped us and our problem was solved in less than 5 min.Thank for your attention and replies @Ana1136 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Iakovos3 I am glad things worked out, have a great season! 

Kate1511
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

have received quite a few emails from 'airbnb' requesting - "Account alert: Please review your account' Your account needs to be reviewed before you can log back in to Airbnb, you'll need to review your account etc. I clicked on this and it took me to a login which I put email address and password. It them took me to another page - I did not continue further. I've had another email from Airbnb Support team - saying you have a new message from the airbnb support team. Read the full message and reply directly etc. Also another email from Airbnb via DocuSign - Action Required: Airbnb sent a document for you to sign. Airbnb sent a document for you to sign. VIEW AND SIGN DOCUMENT Please review and sign our new etc -

Is our listing being hacked and should I change our password?

Cheers Kate

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Kate1511- I highly recommend you call Airbnb and see if a customer service rep can verify that there is something you need to sign.  I think the emails you are receiving sound very suspicious and you should try and click on them until you have direct verification from Airbnb.

Kate1511
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

I have changed my airbnb password now so hopefully no one will have access to my account.

Melisande0
Level 3
Imperial Beach, CA

My account was hacked two days ago, and all my calendars were unlinked, allowing 3 instant bookings, all of which were bogus.  I called one of the people and she said she had not booked anything with me. 

When I investigated in my Airbnb account payout method, the hackers had added a PayPal account as the default for payouts, and my last real payout, plus one of the bogus ones, went to that hacker's account.

I have opened a ticket with Airbnb to get my money from the rental that arrived this past Tuesday which went into the hacker's PayPal account.  I hope they send it soon because I was counting on that $2400!!

I have since changed my password, and removed the hacker's PayPal account from my payout methods.  Let's hope that stops them from doing it again!

Terry190
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Someone hacked into our account and changed the deposit account and the money has been going into their account. I called Airbnb and they said they could do nothing about and I said it was urgent to try and stop a payment that was still processing. They opened a ticket and said they would get back to me after their long weekend. It's Saturday and they will be back in the office on Tuesday at which time my money will be gone. I have already lost 11,000 and they seem to not care. I will be posting more of the results of the ridiculous service I received from Airbnb today. I have been a Premier Host for many years and thought I was protected in some way but so far I am quote disappointed in the service I am receiving.