Hacked account!

Michal12
Level 1
Wrocław, Poland

Hacked account!

Hi,

Someone hacked our Airbnb account - we use this account only for travelling, never as host, so I did not recognize that to our account someone has added a property.

Today I received strange email that a certain amount of money has been paid out to a bank account in USA. I made a thorough research in the account to find out that someone was using my account in China and USA.

A traveller from Chile apparently used the fake offer, paid in and the money has been wired out of Airbnb.

All of these was possible, because you passively inform about eg. changing the bank details - "if you did change the details, you dont have to do anything"... How could I react, if the hacker changed the communication language to Chinese???? For me emails with Chinese characters are spam and I never open them, not to mention to copy them in Google Translate to see the message???!!

I expect that this issue will continue, coz I still have not been in touch with the Chilean victim and I assume they will not be happy with losing a big amount.

Could you change the way of accepting changes in the system? Consider it a suggestion of a very disappointed traveller. I am sure the Chilean guy would agree.

Regards,

M.

2 Replies 2
Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

@Michal12 

this is only a message board and is not going directly to ABNB. You must look up a phone number for them in your area and call them. People say twitter is good. I have never used that.

Also say Facebook is a good way to contact them.

Thanks, I will try to contact them via Facebook.