Hacked/compromised account

Hacked/compromised account

I have been hosting for six months. Yesterday google notified me that attempts were being made to access my google account from new devices and had been blocked. I checked my emails and found that just before theses attempts, my airbnb password had been changed.

i tried to access my airbnb account, but my email, password and recovery telephone had all been changed, so I had to create this new account to access airbnb. I realised then that my account had been compromised and set about securing all other accounts associated with that email address.

i emailed airbnb directly through their warning email to alert them that these actions were not mine. I also researched and found a contact number and was on hold for over an hour. I have had no communication or action from airbnb.

i find it shocking that airbnb combines a single stage access to an account, without the ability to confirm or revert changes and a non existent customer security response.

any advice on my next step to recover my account?

TIA

1 Reply 1
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Christina162

As I said in a previous post, Airbnb need to set up a “Fraud Unit”.

If your credit card in compromised, usual one gets a warning from you Bank thare's a problem and they freeze the card.

Brian “C.E.O. & Head of Community” need to appoint a "Head of Security" and have a dedicated hotline to report hacks and frauds, its gone beyond a joke now!

Brian aslo need to appoint a "Tech. heavy weight" to the board, like the Collison brothers (Stripe) for example. ex Harvard & M.I.T