Had a third party booking and airbnb doesn't want to remove the review.

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

Had a third party booking and airbnb doesn't want to remove the review.

So l had a third party booking and didn't even know it since I was not present at check in, but the guest text me after check out that he wasn't the one staying in my place.  I requested airbnb customer service to remove this person review since the review  does not represent the author’s personal experience, and they don't even reply to my case, it just goes to closed every time I send them a message through the system.

Does anyone have any experiance with something similar?

4 Replies 4
Rosa344
Level 2
Fredericksburg, VA

Azzuri,

i had the same issue with Airbnb not wanting to remove an untruthful review.  I had  a hostile/aggressive guest and I informed Airbnb throughout the whole time this person stay in my house.  This guest damaged my property, called me a liar and a scammer in her review and yet Airbnb refused to remove her review. On top of that, they penalized me by saying I owe them $798.48 to be taken from future reservations.  AT this time, I have 3 open tickets with Airbnb for damage property, for bullying and harassment by this guest and dispute to her review.  Yet, Airbnb refuses to see the real issue here.  I was living in fear while this guest was here.  Airbnb has let me down and left me hanging.

i hope your experience is not as bad as mine and this serves as some kind of consolation to you.

Wishing you the best,

Rosa

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

I just want airbnb to follow their own policy regarding reviews, thats all.

If their policy says that reviews that do not represent the author’s personal experience are not acceptable, then I want to know why are they ignoring my request for removal since it is 100% clear that this person did not stay in my property.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Azzuri0 

Since you 'didn't even know it', there should be no question Airbnb delete it.

However, it can be a matter of persistence to find the right person.

Last year it took me the best part of a month to have similar status - 3rd P.B. Review undisclosed at the time of booking - deleted.

In the process I had two more similar ones from the previous year also deleted.

So three altogether in one go.

The confirmation email:

'Due to their reviews containing a confirmed 3rd party booking violation, we have determined it is in our community’s best interest to remove this review because it breaches Airbnb policy. '

In sum, persistence is the key to find the right person in CS to apply Airbnb's own policy.

Best Wishes. 

Azzuri0
Level 5
Ubud, Indonesia

Yes you are right, persistence is the key, they finally removed it, but it is so dissapointing that I have to send so many messages, most of the CS managers have no idea about teir policies.