Has anyone been able to escalate a situation beyond customer service??

Has anyone been able to escalate a situation beyond customer service??

I have been dealing with a "glitch" in the platform that won't allow me to rent short term.  I do have a current short term rental license.  Its been about 45 days that I cannot accept any short term reservations.  Soon, I will be scrambling to pay the second mortgage I took to build my Airbnb property.  

I have been calling about 2x a week.  I am told someone will call me back, never happens.  I am told that a ticket is open, then I get messages from the "bot" (randomly between my host and traveler account) that the ticket is closed.  Or do I still need help, I say yes, then they close ticket.  I have spent hours and hours on the phone, each time with a new agent, who tries to help, but it sounds like its an issue another department has to deal with.  I have always had good dealings with customer service.  I believe they truly try to help, but are only able to handle issues related to reservations etc.  

I am super disappointed in Airbnb right now.  I built this place FOR THE AIRBNB PLATFORM.  We have always used it for traveling, and I much prefer it to the other options out there.  I have a solid 5 star rating. 

How do you speak with anyone above/outside of customer service??  We provide the properties, the maintenance, the utilities, the guest dealings....WE TOTALLY PROVIDE THE PRODUCT.  All they have to do is customer service and a bank account to hold all the money they make.  I'm beyond pissed.  

Any ideas??

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Gabrielle84  How frustrating, and seems to be norm these days when trying to deal with CS, which just appears to be getting worse and worse.

Try contacting them through their Twitter account, which is sometimes said to garner better results.

William924
Level 2
Canóvanas, Puerto Rico

I  am having the exact problem. 

William924
Level 2
Canóvanas, Puerto Rico

Very frustrated 

Will2356
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Same issues here.  Please let me know if you were able to resolve this and how.  

Air bnb finally fixed the problem.  They didn't let me know right away, but I was checking daily, and one day it worked.  When they messaged me about 4 days later, I asked what the problem was.  They said it was from Seattle permitting department.  Maybe try giving them a call.  I did call them, and got a certificate that showed I was good to go, but it didn't help me.  Maybe try to speak to someone who specifically handles short term rentals?  Good luck.....

Derek569
Level 2
Seattle, WA

CS is the absolute worst I have ever encountered. I acted under their guidance and it resulted in a 1 star review and potential loss of superhost status. Anyone know of any other methods to move beyond CS? I actually emailed the CEO (long shot for sure) but of course didn't hear back. I'm very close to cancelling my listing and guest profile.