Has anyone ever been accused of stealing by their host?

Symone5
Level 1
Buena Park, CA

Has anyone ever been accused of stealing by their host?

I had a birthday shindig at his airbnb but he was there the whole time until the morning. Granted a friend of a friend that I did not know or had any recollection of stole things that he initially said were missing. I tracked down the person that did and got all of the stuff that he said was missing again, initially, and told him i'd send it back to him as soon as possible. Three days later after he's had more guests since my leave, he calls to say that he's missing more things and informed me that if I did not pay him out of pocket he would go through Airbnb. I felt a little harassed seeing as though he was not there in the morning to clean the place. My girlfriends and I had to clean up the house for the next guests. He told us he was going away for a couple of days so he would not be able to clean. Now he's saying he is missing more stuff out of no where and I think he is trying to scam me out of my money because he has leverage.

I'm not sure what to do. I tried to submit some sort of resolution but they only have it for hosts. Any advice?

0 Replies 0