Has anyone ever heard of a platform called "Houfy"?

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

Has anyone ever heard of a platform called "Houfy"?

Hi All,

I just came across a vacation rental platform called "Houfy".   Has anyone ever heard of it/used it?  If yes, pros? Cons?

13 Replies 13
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ann489 

It's free of fees !?

So how do they make any profit...

@Emiel1    I have no clue...that's why I was asking if anyone has had any experience with it.   It was mentioned numerous times in one of the Facebook vacation rental groups.  Those who are using it seem to like it.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ann489 @Emiel1 I listed on Houfy a few months ago. Nothing has come of it so far.

@Lisa723      I was wondering about that....I'm curious how they market your property since they don't seem to be much of a web presence.   Their FB group is also rather small....about 1,600 members.   How did you come across it?

@Ann489 on some FB hosting page.

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

I doubt that any platform can bring the guests except for Booking, Airbnb, Expedia and Agoda (last 2 depend on your region). If you have spare time and since it's free, try it

Teresita-Java0
Level 3
CDO, Philippines

Basic Listing is free...

https://www.houfy.com/houfyinc/posts/pricing-at-houfy-12087

Regards

Per Java

Lakhvinder0
Level 2
Mississauga, Canada

I listed my property on houfy last month. Currently they are not doing any marketing. Its basically a bookdirect platform without fees. Marketing is currently done by owners themselves on Facebook etc. In 2020, they are going to launch their marketing plans which will be paid. But the basic plan will remain free of cost. Good for people who don't have their own website and booking engines.

They also provide their booking engines as iframe, that you can embed into your website. I am planning on doing that in coming months. Cheers!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lakhvinder0 @Lisa723  Can guests book on Houfy, or do they just contact you?  I haven't listed with them, but I just got an inquiry from them.  I was confused and sent the person my Airbnb link.  

I looked my place up on Houfy and it appears to have been cobbled together by someone from several sources.  I've written Houfy and asked them to take it down.  I'm not completely set up for direct bookings yet and only do them with people I know.  

Yes they can book and pay as long as you have linked your payment processing account with Houfy such as Stripe.

@Ann72 they can send requests to book. I got one about 18 months after putting up the listing, and I had actually kind of forgotten about it, so the price was totally out of date and I had to decline it. It was embarrassing and I immediately took down the listing. I don't see any value over my own direct booking site, but if you want a free direct booking site it might be good for that.

I am new to hosting and I’m listed on Airbnb and VRBO and so I was interested in what I was reading about Houfy. Also how does one go about setting up their own direct booking site?

I just discovered Houfy, and after this disastrous Summer Release, it seems like the answer to our prayers!  I'm experimenting with it now, but it seems like it operates how these platforms used to.  Hosts have so much more control!  If word spreads, I think Houfy could easily pick up where Airbnb left us.