Hawaii Taxes

John-Gregory0
Level 2
Wailuku, HI

Hawaii Taxes

Aloha everyone!

I have been hosting for about over a year now here in Maui. I have been paying my taxes every month for GE and quarterly for TAT and just recently on November added the option of collecting Taxes from guests. Now I have been getting a large sum of discrepancy, as I add my Gross Earnings it is way lower than what my Completed Payout is saying. 

What should I be reporting to the county to pay the correct taxes? Gross Earnings or the Completed payout?

Mahalo!

1 Reply 1
Paul6407
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Today I got a notice from HomeAway that they will start submitting HI taxes on Feb 1 for all our properties. What is going on with Airbnb? for 10 plus years I have asked why they do not let us separate out the taxes in our rates. I know when I book for my company travel I put up all the rates next to one another VRBO, Booking.com etc. Airbnb is always the highest for Hawaii since they are the only one that does not separate out taxes. They are letting a lot of booking fees slip through their fingers to other sites due to this. Anyone know why they would make this decision to not let us separate out taxes from the rate!