Heads Up Nashville Hosts!

Gina11
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Heads Up Nashville Hosts!

Just letting you know metro codes use to send out renewal permits and are now only doing it if they feel like it..."they are not obligated to do so, and if they do, it is a courtesy."

We got a stop order in the mail saying we hadn't renewed our permit and must stop hosting immediately. They could care less that they didn't send a renewal because it is my responsibility.  It is, but they set  an expectation for the past 3 years, so I hadn't even thought about it, and didn't even realize it was past due.   Bad on me that I relied on the city to send me a renewal as they have done for the past 3 years, so now I have stop my short term listing and start all over from the beginning, after I appear before the city council!  Since we are over a month late, we have to wait a year to reapply or appear before the city council to try and get the time period waived.  We've been paying our taxes, but they could care less.

They really can't stand Arbnb and are doing everything they can to make it difficult.  I know we're not the only ones because 

there were others downtown complaining about the same thing.

Be aware, just letting you all know! 

1 Reply 1
Sharri0
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Thank you so much!!!!  

Yes,  I’m relatively new at this and applied and received my first permit in July 2018, and I was explicitly instructed to “wait for the renewal notice in the mail for instructions on how to renew my permit annually”.