Help/Discrimination/Not a fraudulent listing

Answered!

Help/Discrimination/Not a fraudulent listing

Can someone please help me figure out what to do. I’ve been helping my boyfriend furnish his airbnb for the past month. Before the listing even went live airbnb listed the listing as fraudulent, but we literally have proof it’s not fraudulent. At this point I feel like it was racially motivated after having to send pictures of himself and he’s a dark black man. It seems like our only step is to take legal action or turn to the media. 

1 Best Answer

@Heaven12  What state/city is the listing in? Airbnb has a history of doing this, closing the case and hoping the person will go away.  You can contact them again and ask for a new case to be opened, you may need to keep trying.  Also some hosts have reported that there are weird glitches, people have been delisted for not having their local permit, even when they have the permit and emails from the city saying the listing is legal.  Like I said, Airbnb cs is disorganized.  If the landlord is okay w/it, and the city doesn't prohibit it, keep trying, it may take HOURS of your time, but you will eventually find out what the problem is/was.  good luck.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17

@Heaven12 Try asking Airbnb what the problem is on Twitter

We have contacted customer service to open another case. The customer representative has let us know that he has seen a video of the Unit that was sent to them through email, but never replied to, and that the case has been reopened. Unfortunately the costumer representative could not guarantee that whoever deals with escalations and appeals would decide to change the decision of it being marked as fraudulent. Thank you very much! 

His listing is now live thank you all for the help!! And Happy New Year!!