Help! New host had terrible guest!

Jackie218
Level 2
Boulder, CO

Help! New host had terrible guest!

Hello Hosts & Hostesses,

Thanks very much in advance for any and all helpful input you can offer me.

I'm a new air bnb host and so far have had 2 sets of guests. The first guests were a lovely couple and completely wonderful - I have nothing but good things to say about them.

My 2nd guest was awful and I'm unclear how to best review her. She is also new to air bnb and doesn't have any reviews as I was her first experience. I'm concerned of how she may retaliate.

I currently have 5 stars from my first guests.

For starters... 

1. She showed up with a local friend without alerting me or asking for my prior consent, which I ask for in my house rules. This friend was here with her every day of her stay.

2. She broke my shower fixture (probably because she was drunk and used it inappropriately as a balancing bar) so that it was left in 4 pieces on the shower floor, and didn't tell me about it.

3. She became hostile and very upset almost immediately upon her arrival, when I reminded her that kitchen access was not part of my listing agreement, which is explained in my house rules as well as the listing "amenities". Since she was staying for several nights, I decided to allow her to keep her beer and wine in my refrigerator, just to keep the peace since this is a shared home. BIG MISTAKE on my part. (I offered her the use of a cooler to be kept on her porch but that didn't satisfy her). She wound up using my kitchen table as an office space, and seemed to enjoy waltzing through all of the rooms of my house, including opening my private bathroom door to ask me a question while I was standing in there in my bathrobe after my shower!!! Lesson learned.

4. She walked through my muddy horse pasture in flip flops, and then walked around my guest room in her muddy, manure caked feet, insisting she wanted to "absorb the nutrients" and not rinse off. Although I provide a lovely 5 drawer dresser and empty closet, her clothing and junk food and things were strewn all over the space. 

5. She used over 3 rolls of toilet paper in 2 days, creating a clog in my main sewer drain line which had to be professionally resolved, even though my listing and house rules explain that my farmhouse is over 100 years old and has a delicate plumbing and septic system to consider.

And thats just the beginning.

Please help me figure out the best way to review her. Or is it best not to review her at all?

Thanks very much for reading this.

I'm at a point where I'm thinking I should just withdraw my listing, but I'm torn.

0 Replies 0