Help from other Hosts or help center

Nady0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Help from other Hosts or help center

I am a middle age single parent with 2 small kids also disabled person that not able to work, so I rent out 2 rooms from our  (only living in) place. What we get from Airbnb is our only income. The cancellation and not having guest, made our life like a hell! I can't afford our experience and don't know what to do! Why Airbnb not cover people like us (that was benefited for them for years!). As list they can give us some loan (even with a little interest) untill we pass this days!

Is there anyone that can help us by telling us what kind of help we can get please? (No from banks as I don't have a good credit score). I thank you all that helping us by directing and showing any possibility! 

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nady0 

I am sorry about your situation.

If I was on your shoes, I would try to find a lodger for at least 1 of the rooms.

The money may be a little less, but at least it would be steady.

I would try spareroom or findroommate

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

hello @Nady0 

Sorry to hear about your situation.

A few things you can do regarding your income;

1. You can apply for universal credit

2. You can apply for a mortgage break if you own your home, or if not universal credit will include an element to cover your rent (not necessarily all)

There may depending on your work experience be some work from home that you might do. 

Best of luck.