Help new guest with offer to book

Heather188
Level 4
Juneau, AK

Help new guest with offer to book

I have a guest that is new to Airbnb. I did not receive an inquiry with dates or number of guests but I received a message saying that they had thought they had accidentally cancelled a reservation. How do I help them by sending them an offer if there is no inquiry. I cannot find a special offer section for them since there is no specific date inquiry attached. If they tell me in text what dates and number of people, I would like to be able to send them an offer to make it easy for them to book. 

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Heather188

You don't need to send them anything. 

They don't have a booking.

Just tell them, they didn't book and  if they are interested in your place to send you a booking request and you are happy to consider their booking.

They just need to do what any other guest would do. Put in the dates, number of people and if they have the payment set up they can send you a request. Simple.

Don't communicate with them off Airbnb keep everything on the platform so there is a record. (how did you share contact details by the way)

A word of warning, sometimes people try and scam newer hosts by tryng to book off platform.  

Thanks for the reply and warning. She ended up booking but I wanted to send her an offer to make sure that I didn't lose her as a client. Anyway I guess that isn't an option on Airbnb