Help with a cancellation.

Lorraine318
Level 1
San Jose, CA

Help with a cancellation.

Hi,

I had a two month booking made in Decem ber 2019.  My client recently indicated that she wanted to cancel the booking, which is ok.  However, she would not actually cancel it in the system.  I then cancelled it as I wanted to open up the dates  for another booking.  I now have those two months blocked out which is most disappointing.  I would really appreciate any help or advice on how I can get the calender open.  I have tried reaching out to Customer Support every day for the past 10 days and have not had any response or help which is so disappointing.

Thanks in advance,

Lorraine

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If a guest wants to cancel a booking you should never do it yourself, as you will have found you will have host penalties imposed including blocking out the dates, you have told Airbnb are no longer available by cancelling.

Do read up on host cancellations on Airbnb Help.

All you can do now is call Airbnb they will be able to see the guest said they wanted to cancel and you may be able to lift the host penalties.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Lorraine318  As a host you should know that if you cancel, cancellation penalties will apply.  Now you do know. 

You'll have to call airbnb, direct them to messages from your guest that prove the guest wanted to cancel, and ask them to lift the penalties.  You can try the online message system, phone them or send them a FB or twitter message, but only airbnb will be able to unblock your dates.