Help with a pre-approval calendar error!

Rebecca122
Level 1
New York, NY

Help with a pre-approval calendar error!

Hello! I'm having an issue with a guest that made an inquiry - I'd like to pre-approve her OR send a special offer, but Airbnb is telling me i cannot do this because the dates aren't available on my calendar! I've checked and re-checked and the dates are very clearly available. I've tried making them unavailable and making them available again, logging out and logging in, everything I could think of. This is for tomorrow - I'm going to lose this reservation! Is there anyone from Airbnb that can help me?

4 Replies 4
Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

Just a thought, do you have it set up so you need a prep day before your guest arrives? Perhaps its one of you settings with how much time you need to prepare. If that box it checked on your set up then that is why it is not allowing you to book it even though your calendar looks open.

Go to your calendar page, on the right side > select availablity settings >reservation preferences >  check and see how much prep time you allocated for yourself.

@Rebecca122

Also check in the same place if you have set a minimum night requirement that is greater than what the guest is requesting.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

this is what i think happened, not sure, but  there is a strong possibility it is like this: I went to your page, and I can even still book for tonite, up til 6 or 7 days from now, so clearly, tomorrow IS available.

But sending a pre-approval to someone means that that guest must also have those dates available on THEIR calendar. guess what? lots of guests inquire about something, one wants to be helpful, even send a pre-approvl and they turn around and just book somewhere else, and you never hear from them again.  While waiting to hear from them, it used to be that suddenly the status might change from "pending" to "not possible",leaving one wondering whT happened... instead of Airbnb just informing the host, like "sorry, soundso has booked somewhere else", one was left hanging......

so I think- and I believe someone her in teh forum even said so - the wording might have changed, and Airbn now just tells you, those dates are not available Ny longer

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

.....but it really means guest has booked somewhere else..

(sorry, i got booted off and couldn't finish my post above, or correct my typos, but you got the idea...)