Help with understanding payment quote

Answered!

Help with understanding payment quote

Hi, I am new to this and totally confused.  I have my unit listed for $65 per night.  I have received a few inquiries.  On the left side of the email from possible guest, there a different amount every time.   I have posted the latest one below. This one seems to be $52 per night (no idea where that amount came from) the cleaning fee does not seem to be included, only a service fee (which I belive goes to airbnb).  
Please help !!
Thanks,
Raquel

Check in
02/14/16
Check out
02/25/16
Guests

Payment
$52 x 11 nights
$571
Subtotal
$571
Service fee
-$17

You earn
$554
1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Ok @Jule-And-Raquel0,

I have this figured out but I hope I can explain it.

You have a weekly rate of $300 which would make it $42.86 per night times 11 which is equal to $471.46 plus the $100 cleaning fee brings it to $571.46.  Now, $571.46 divided by 11 is $51.95 per night which is showing on your screenshot as $52 per night as they round up.

So the cleaning fee is being rolled into this booking and it IS being paid.  I have seen some hosts posting that the cleaning fee is not showing up in the quote as it usually is listed in the breakdown.  And yes, the $17 is the 3% Airbnb collects from hosts.

Here is a screenshot of what I get if I were to book your place for these dates.

Villa at Woodlawn Lake   Villas for Rent in San Antonio.png

I hope this clears things up for you @Jule-And-Raquel0!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Ok @Jule-And-Raquel0,

I have this figured out but I hope I can explain it.

You have a weekly rate of $300 which would make it $42.86 per night times 11 which is equal to $471.46 plus the $100 cleaning fee brings it to $571.46.  Now, $571.46 divided by 11 is $51.95 per night which is showing on your screenshot as $52 per night as they round up.

So the cleaning fee is being rolled into this booking and it IS being paid.  I have seen some hosts posting that the cleaning fee is not showing up in the quote as it usually is listed in the breakdown.  And yes, the $17 is the 3% Airbnb collects from hosts.

Here is a screenshot of what I get if I were to book your place for these dates.

Villa at Woodlawn Lake   Villas for Rent in San Antonio.png

I hope this clears things up for you @Jule-And-Raquel0!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

That make perfect sense.  Thank you so much for your thorough explanation.

Jule and Raquel