Help!!

Majisty0
Level 2
Alafaya, FL

Help!!

Hi everyone, I am looking for an affordable home to rent Sept 4-5th. Preferably a home with a pool in the Orlando area being I am trying to celebrate my daughters 1st birthday!! I would like to check in on the 4th in order to have time to decorate and we are more then happy to leave the evening/night of the 5th after birthday gathering and we clean up. If anyone is willing to help I would really appreciate it!

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to book you need to use the search function on Airbnb and put in the dates, location, tick pool as an amenity and indicate your budget and any availability will come up. @Majisty0 

If you want to stay until the night of the 5th, you will need to book until the morning of the 6th.

Many hosts will not taking bookings for parties/birthdays, particularly in the current Covid climate.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Majisty0   I'm curious, did you come to this forum from a link on an article?  Why don't you just do a search of airbnb properties in your area and ask specific hosts if they would allow a party?

PS...you arent' going to find too  many hosts willing to rent to you for one night only to throw a party.  This is the red flag of all red flags. 

@Mark116 Not so sure whats so “red flag of all red flags” about me wanting to celebrate and enjoy my daughters FIRST birthday but thank you for your obvious suggestion on that search tool. Obviously I haven’t been able to find a home that works or the dates are simply not available so here I am asking for further help in the FLORIDA area. But I appreciate you all the way from New Jersey adding your commentary. 

@Majisty0  It's a global forum, it is very unlikely you will do better on this open forum for hosts and guests all over the world in finding an airbnb that meets your specifications v. doing the regular search.

Yes, I'm sorry to tell you that people who only want to rent for one night is a red flag for most hosts, and many listings will not rent for a single night.  Having a party is also another red flag because most listings do not allow parties and most of the Airbnb horror stories of houses trashed were exactly that, people who rented for one night and threw a party. 

@Majisty0    Hi, there.  I will second what Mark already told you.  This is a global forum and you will get hosts responding from all over the world.  😉    That being said, Mark is absolutely correct--the vast majority of hosts will look at your request to throw a party as a major red flag.  There are just too many horror stories out there of party-throwing guests trashing properties, and you will have a hard time finding someone, willing to accommodate you.   Have you considered renting maybe a room at a community center for your daughter's Birthday party?  I know that things are difficult at the moment with the pandemic going on and I wish you the best of luck.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Majisty0  If you couldn't find what you wanted with your filters, there aren't any available to meet your needs.  You might find something if you filtered for two nights instead of one, since you state you would be leaving the evening of the 5th.  Check out time is usually before noon so that would require you to book a second night, as @Helen3 noted.  

There's nothing specifically wrong with asking here, but it's more in the nature of a Hail Mary pass and quite unlikely to uncover a host who has availability if your search of the region didn't find that.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Majisty0 As others have said you will need to book 2 nights - September 4-6. I did a search for 14 people and it pulled quite a few options. Make sure you are upfront with the hosts about your plans. Prices range from $500 - $1000+ for the weekend but I think that is what you can expect. 

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Orlando--FL--United-States/homes?tab_id=home_tab&refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2F...

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Majisty0,

I truly enjoy first birthday parties.  The big people seem to have more fun than the honoree.  Be sure to get pictures when your daughter feeds herself the case.  Those are absolutely adorable. 

Here are a few things to consider about your search: 

1. September 4 and 5 are part of the Labor Day weekend, and many hosts will require a 2 or 3 day minimum stay and have an additional per person charge after a set number of guests;
  2. Due to incidents in which guests created a lot of damage and incidents of violence during parties, most hosts do not allow parties or events (even for 1-year birthdays);
  3. Checkout is usually around 11 a.m. or 12 noon.  So, your search should include at least the 4th and 5th; 
  4. You didn't indicate the number of attendees, but the current limit for a gathering in Florida is 50 people.  To avoid any punitive actions from the host, Airbnb, or local authorities, you must be truthful with the host regarding your plans during your stay.   Fyi, Airbnb just announced that they are filing charges against a guest for an unauthorized party in Sacramento.
  5. You may have better luck at finding a space at Peerspace which specializes in renting event venues.

Also, don't be mislead by the location listed for a community center profile.  It is not uncommon for hosts to live in a different address, because the profile may be based upon the rental location.