Helping guest book their stay?

Taina0
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Helping guest book their stay?

Some guest have a hard time booking, usually foreign females. I try my best to help but they still don't know what to do, I spent 2 days trying to technically support a guest booking their stay.. I advised if they want to change their pending reservation, they need to cancel and then re request to book. They have trouble uploading ID, some asking to pay in cash, am I possibly getting scamed?
5 Replies 5
Nelson4
Level 4
Sagres, Portugal

If the guest have all of that problems probably He/she should look other websites that are easier...

Most likely you will spend YOUR time thinking that your help will offer your a booking and at the end that "potential" guest will just go somewhere else or even worse he/she may come to your house and leave you a bad review because he/she was looking for hotel service.

About paying in cash... its a NO! NO! They pay to Airbnb, and Airbnb pay to you @Taina0. Do not accept cash!

I said no cash and then she comes back saying she can pay with card and wants to extend her stay. I instruct but guest still helpless I feel like giving up. The site is pretty simple...and you are right about they can leave bad review..after you tried so hard to help
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

@Taina0 you are possibly being scammed.  At the end of the day you can only help as much as you can.  Let them put in a confirmed booking.  Even if it is incorrect, you can then go into your reservation and click on change.  There you can redo the booking as they actually want it.  They just then have to hit the confirm button at their end.  If they continue to drag it out and offer you other alternatives, move on.  Doing cash on arrival is a big mistake, they want to take you outside of the protection that Airbnb affords you.

What you experience is typical for new hosts on Airbnb with whom scammers target the most.

Did it help?  Thumbs up then!

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

I would avoid spending time on doing what the guest needs to do for themselvels. At best, you're devoting time to people who can't or won't book, instead of focusing on those who are ready and prepared to book. At worst, you're opening yourself up to be a victim of some kind of scam. Airbnb has support for guests, and it's their job to help them with technical issues.

Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Taina -

I would stay away from helping guest book because next they will want you to assist with cancelation and ultimately asking you for refund.

Linda