Hi I am thinking of becoming a host for the first time this year? When one sets the price, is this for the room, or price per head?

Talia933
Level 1
Swanage, GB

Hi I am thinking of becoming a host for the first time this year? When one sets the price, is this for the room, or price per head?

I am thinking of becoming a host for the first time this year? When one sets the price for the accommodation one has to offer, is this for the accommodation itself or the price per person?

2 Replies 2
Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

When I first started, I searched the Airbnb platform for other listings similar to mine, to base my price.

I also made sure to underbid other similar listings, in order to generate interest and encourage booking at my new listing (some guests are hesitant when they view a brand new listing with no reviews).

I charge a flat rate for the entire unit and an additional $10 after two people. My guest limit is 4.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Its either the price for the accommodation or the price for the first X people plus an additional price for each person over X.

Different hosts have different approaches. Our approach is to charge for the place with no additional fees (except cleaning). Others go for a lower base price and charge per additional person as it costs them more if more people turn up.