Hi, I'm a new hoast and have a company managing my house, i can see that alot of perspective renters are canceling before they even pay a deposit, is this normal?

Hi, I'm a new hoast and have a company managing my house, i can see that alot of perspective renters are canceling before they even pay a deposit, is this normal?

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jill1024 No I don't think this is normal. An Airbnb booking is not usually made until the guest has paid. Where are you getting your information re cancellations from?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jill1024  What do you mean, "cancelling before they pay a deposit"?

If a guest books using Instant Book, they get charged by Airbnb instantly.

If they send a Booking Request, which the host accepts, they get charged by Airbnb instantly. 

If they send an Inquiry, which the host pre-approves, they then have to go on to book, and most don't- they're just tire-kickers and may have sent out 20 Inquiries.

Nor do guests pay a "deposit". They are either charged the full amount when they book, or in some circumstances they  can opt to pay half up front and half a week or so before check-in. 

Can you be more specific as to what you are talking about??