Hi do you believe Cameras are a good back up for quest?

Hi do you believe Cameras are a good back up for quest?

Hi my name is Beulah, and  I love being a host . Do anyone of you think having security camera on the front porch of your house and the back is good.?Camera are in the kitchen and living room . The purpose of the camera it’s for everyone protection.

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Beulah7 

I think every host who hosts remotely should have CCTV or cameras at every entrance to their property.

Personally I wouldn't book a place that had inside cameras as they would make me feel uncomfortable as I would feel I couldn't relax inside. I know from other discussions on Airbnb forums that many other guests feel the same.

Remember you need to clearly indicate the cameras that you have both on your listing and in your home in line with Airbnb's policy for CCTV.

Thank you so much , but the reason why I place them was because one of my quest all her belongings was stolen  and all the food she mentioned to place camera. I did it for the rest of my guest . For safety only the police was also involved. How can you protect you guest . The first thing police wanted to know did you see him do it.