Hi everyone I need urgent Suggestion

Answered!
Pankaj11
Level 2
Pune, India

Hi everyone I need urgent Suggestion

Hi Everyone ! This is Pankaj.

I am new to Air BNB but I have been hosting my place since 2 Months. I received my first booking before 7-8 days for hosting Dated 25 Nov 2017.

Actually I had very bad experience about guest review. When they were at my place everyone was enjoying till the time of checkout. Group was consits of boys & girls. Till checkout everyone was saying very nice place, safe place, we just love & wanted this type of place only etc etc. when I received review I was really shocked ! 

Now coming to their review,

Location (They have written in review that very far from Market) -

As we have location map (infact every listing has) placed at Air BNB itself and also they had asked us on message that how far is it from market before booking. I answered its just 4.6 kms from market.

Safety (They have written in review that not safe for females)

If females aren’t safe how they boys & girls were enjoying and having party from 8.30pm till 7.00 am at outdoor party deck (situated adjacent to kitchen) and having campfire. Also without asking us that guest used our woods for campfire after we slept and that too whole night burning woods. Bottles, cigarettes, plastic, chips rappers & jacket etc were found half burnt in Campfire.

Dinner was served at 11.00pm but they didn’t have it and asked us to reheat & re-cook after 2.00am (Morning).

Involvement of Owner (they have written unnecessary and uncomfortable involvement of owner)

Rather guest kept on disturbing me for needless things which we, rather no one can provide at home stay or holiday home. That guys had some internal issues (Fights & Something else) due to that our caretaker couldn’t slept whole night.

Again at early morning around 7.00am guest waked me up and requested for checkout without paying Food & other extra bill amounting Rs.5850/- as they were out of money. As per their commitment they were suppose to transfer me payment immediately as you reach Pune i.e. on Sunday afternoon but still I have not received payment. I think they deliberately and intentionally not paid food bill.  This is unfair rather disappointing, till the check out time they were feeling good and everyone was satisfied & complementing us about our place & services. Example this is very nice place, safe place, we just love & wanted this type of place only etc etc.

Hope people reading this review can understand  and help me. Also unknowing about their this approch I had give good review for they as not to harm their profile. Please suggest what can I do?

Thanks In advance.

- Pankaj

1 Best Answer
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Pankaj11 There are a few great take away lessons here for you to learn from moving forward.

First, if the guests don’t pay for food in advance, they DONT eat when they get there to your house.

Meals are extra and not free.

Second, established kitchen hours and let them know what time meals are served. Breakfast hours are 6am-8am, Lunch is served 2pm to 4pm and dinner is served from 8pm till 10pm. If they ask for meals outside of of the kitchen hours, you kindly tell them the kitchen is closed. I would offer light snacks between meal service if I were selling meal plans. 

Lastly, if there is anything in your house that you don’t want a guest to use, you have to lock it up. Take responsibility and take control of youitems. The people who stay with you should have a basic level of respect for your property, sadly many don’t have respect. I had a guest burn plastic into a bran$ new stainless steel frying pan, so I know all about needless destruction. If the camp fire caused so much anxiety for you, I would take out the fire pit altogether. When drunk idiots run out of wood to burn, they start burning the furniture, clothes, trash, plastic or whatever isn’t nailed down. 

The Review, you screwed up. Imagine this scenario, your grandmother is a new host and she depends on honest reviews from other host to screen her guest. Now you gave these idiots a great review and they can now instant book with YOUR grandparents and disrespect them, just like the disrespect YOU! What an amazing gift to give the community and right before Christmas too.

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Pankaj11

You can phone airbnb and ask them to remove the review if you can demonstrate it breaks their review policy.

You can consider leaving a public reply to the review, check on-line for tips to do this as you can easily turn a bad review into a terrible review if you become petty and defensive.

As you have already given a good review to your guests, maybe you should have waited some days to see if the money that was owed was forthcoming before giving a gushing review.

@Elena87

Thank you for your great support. I have contacted airbnb and asked them to remove the review. I dont know how to demonstrate if it breaks their review policy. If you would suggest any example it would be really helpful. Once again thank you.

@Elena87

Hey ! As per your suggestion I called up Air BNB and they have removed the review. Thank yo so much.

Pankaj

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Pankaj11,

They asked you to reheat and recook food at 2am, burned your wood and left a mess, the guys had some internal issues (fights & something else) and you let them leave without paying for the food and extra bills !

Now you say "I give a good review for they as not to harm their profile". That's really ridiculous. Reviews are meant to warn other hosts what guests are like and must be accurate and honest.

You ask for suggestions as to what you should do?

You do not use instant book so I presume that you check each guest's reviews when they send a request. Now play your part and tell other hosts what guests are really like when you're not happy with them.

You can, of course, try to get money from them through the Airbnb resolution centre. To find it, click on "Help" and type "resolution" in the search box.

Steve.

@Steve143

Thank you for opening my eyes and that too widely. As per your suggestion I have raised a request from Airbnb resolution centre for money. Thank You once again.

- Pankaj

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Pankaj11 There are a few great take away lessons here for you to learn from moving forward.

First, if the guests don’t pay for food in advance, they DONT eat when they get there to your house.

Meals are extra and not free.

Second, established kitchen hours and let them know what time meals are served. Breakfast hours are 6am-8am, Lunch is served 2pm to 4pm and dinner is served from 8pm till 10pm. If they ask for meals outside of of the kitchen hours, you kindly tell them the kitchen is closed. I would offer light snacks between meal service if I were selling meal plans. 

Lastly, if there is anything in your house that you don’t want a guest to use, you have to lock it up. Take responsibility and take control of youitems. The people who stay with you should have a basic level of respect for your property, sadly many don’t have respect. I had a guest burn plastic into a bran$ new stainless steel frying pan, so I know all about needless destruction. If the camp fire caused so much anxiety for you, I would take out the fire pit altogether. When drunk idiots run out of wood to burn, they start burning the furniture, clothes, trash, plastic or whatever isn’t nailed down. 

The Review, you screwed up. Imagine this scenario, your grandmother is a new host and she depends on honest reviews from other host to screen her guest. Now you gave these idiots a great review and they can now instant book with YOUR grandparents and disrespect them, just like the disrespect YOU! What an amazing gift to give the community and right before Christmas too.

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

@Rene-and-Zac0

It was really helpfull everything you have mentioned. I will definatly implement suggestions you have mentioned. Thank you once again !

- Pankaj