Hi would love some help :)

Answered!
Kjersti2
Level 1
Oslo, Norway

Hi would love some help :)

Just made my profile here and are having some challanges that I don´t know what to do about.

When people request to stay at my place I get an sms and I can see the request online or in the app. Some of the times I am given a chance to not accept or to accept. But about half of the time the request is accepted without given me the opertunity to accept or not accept it. 

Kjersti

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kjersti2,

Instant book is turned on for your listing. That's what the little lightning bolt symbol beside your price means.

Airbnb does this by default for new listings.

This means that guests who meet your instant book requirements can book without you having to approve them.

What is instant book?

If you don't want this feature you can turn it off.

To turn it off, click on "Host" and then on "Manage listings" in the menu. Then click on the "Manage listing" button for your listing.

Now click on "Booking settings" and then on the little button for "All guests must send a reservation request".

One useful thing to know is the difference between reservation requests and inquiries.

Reservation-Inquiry-or-Request-What-s-the-Difference?

Another point is to know that you should never cancel a guest's reservation or you will be penalised.

If you receive a message from Airbnb saying that a guest wants to cancel do not accept it. Decline or reject it. If you accept or ignore it you will be seen to have made the cancellation and will be penalised.

I'm a host. What penalties apply if I need to cancel a reservation?

If you must cancel due to an emergency like medical or no electricity then contact Airbnb customer service first.

There are lots of helpful suggestions, including how to contact Airbnb customer service, in this post.

Community-Help-Guides

Hope it all works out well for you.

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kjersti2,

Instant book is turned on for your listing. That's what the little lightning bolt symbol beside your price means.

Airbnb does this by default for new listings.

This means that guests who meet your instant book requirements can book without you having to approve them.

What is instant book?

If you don't want this feature you can turn it off.

To turn it off, click on "Host" and then on "Manage listings" in the menu. Then click on the "Manage listing" button for your listing.

Now click on "Booking settings" and then on the little button for "All guests must send a reservation request".

One useful thing to know is the difference between reservation requests and inquiries.

Reservation-Inquiry-or-Request-What-s-the-Difference?

Another point is to know that you should never cancel a guest's reservation or you will be penalised.

If you receive a message from Airbnb saying that a guest wants to cancel do not accept it. Decline or reject it. If you accept or ignore it you will be seen to have made the cancellation and will be penalised.

I'm a host. What penalties apply if I need to cancel a reservation?

If you must cancel due to an emergency like medical or no electricity then contact Airbnb customer service first.

There are lots of helpful suggestions, including how to contact Airbnb customer service, in this post.

Community-Help-Guides

Hope it all works out well for you.

Steve.

Thanks!

Paulina47
Level 1
South Jakarta, Indonesia

I Just  a new host

I see in my caleder, Why there is no avalabiliy on 17 Augus until 20 August 2017, for some one wants to book our room ?

I never set the blocked date

How should I do to change that blocked date

Thank You 

Besrat0
Level 1
Ethiopia

hi i am neew at this and i need to open converstion

Catherine646
Level 1
Christchurch, New Zealand

With my Airbnb add????? So my add in the pricing say that it is $75 per night -$120 per night, there for I have booking for 5 people thinking they can All stay for $75 a night and I get $15 for each of them is I have to kept canceling all booking as I don't know how to change my Add, Is there anyone out there thats lives in New Zealand that I can have there phone mumber to ring Catherine Cleine 031441590  cell 0211803365