Can I hide or delete one of my reviews?

Answered!
Jacob21
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Can I hide or delete one of my reviews?

A guest I left a somewhat negative but truthful review a while ago has asked if I can remove it as he is having trouble finding new hosts. I feel as though it has been long enough. Is there a way to hide my review or delete it?

1 Best Answer
Breanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
Pontefract, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

You can learn more about editing reviews in this Airbnb Help Center article: Editing a review you wrote

Please note that this content has been archived.

You can still access if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

28 Replies 28
Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Thats very nice of you but unfortunately there is no way to delete a bad review unless it violates one of the review rules. Guessing it doesn't. Even if it has been a long time I would still want to know that the guest was not the best. Was it their first time using Airbnb? There have been a few guests over the years that I gave a second chance to because I believed they just didn't understand what was expected from them. With these guests I wrote a private review with lots of feedback about what I expect as a host.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I think you are doing a dis-service to other hosts by trying to remove a truthful, negative review.

You are making an assumption that the guest has somehow changed their behaviour and other hosts should not worry. I am not sure how you justify that. 

Put yourself in a different position - would you be annoyed if a guest turned up and was a pain and you learned that previous reviews had been removed.

As another host has suggested it is important however to think carefully about what you put in a review and what you put in private feedback to guests. Sometimes private feedback is more appropriate (but difficult) than public comment.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

He could book with you again for a night, and you could leave a nice review (assuming he is better this time around)

Jan73
Level 1
Dingwall, United Kingdom

We posted a response to a guest who sent a private comment thinking it would also remain private but it has gone public.  Is there any way we can delete the response we made as it should have been a private one and not public

Jerrin0
Level 1
Mumbai, India

I wrote a review for a guest thinking it was a private feedback. It's public on their profile and I want to remove or hide it as it contains private information. How do I get this atleast hidden

delete

Hi  @Jerrin0

I did exactely the same thing a couple of months ago.  I emailed Airbnb yesterday  and they kindly removed my comment today!

What a relieve!

Try, they might remove yours as well.

Rudolph0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Any host or guest can mail support and ask for their review to be removed. This is not great for a host when a guest leaves a 5 star review. Reads your comments and then mail Airbnb to ask for their 5 star review to be retracted. Your review will however stay visible. 

90 percent of my reviews are 5 star. Then out the blue a guest after saying loved their stay, randomly gives me a 1. And says no one should stay there. Makes zero sense. But now it's latest review.  I want this deleted. It makes no sense

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can't get reviews deleted just because you don't like them @Jenna-Graeme0.

That would make a mockery of having a review system as guests and hosts who didn't like their review could simply get them removed.

Contact the guest to understand why they awarded you a 1 star review and based on your feedback, just respond to their review in a factual manner to correct any inaccuracies and reassure future guests.

Good luck this happened to

us and air B and B refused to delete the negative review 

Jane682
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

As a first time user of Airbnb and I consider myself a clean and respectful person some residual cola and water that leaked in a bin was turned into a dreadful review basically accusing me and my husband of pissing in a bin - gutteral accusation and totally unfounded I feel the business model should be reviewed to mandate a formal handover of the property/ facilities at the end of the rental this would clear up any misunderstandings and allow both parties the opportunity to resolve before it gets to the very public tenuous stage of unfounded beg feedback slanderous and upsetting for all 

Hi Jane, the same thing happened to us, I received one inaccurate and slanderous review that came from an initial misdoing on the host side to begin with so the host rated and judged our stay based on expectations that were not per guidelines anyways.  Airbnb won't allow for reviews to be edited or removed yet. This stands out amongst my usual glowing reviews and truly upset me. 

@Priscilla99 I just read the review left for you. If you booked for someone else and weren't staying at the property, you were in violation of Airbnb rules right off of the bat. If your guests didn't follow house rules, how is that untruthful on the host's part?