Home Sharing in Jeopardy on the California Coast (AB 1731)

Angela46
Level 2
Redondo Beach, CA

Home Sharing in Jeopardy on the California Coast (AB 1731)

Hello Beautiful Hosts in California (San Diego, Beach Cities/Southbay)!!

I just heard from airbnb that California is in jeopardy to do home sharing in California, starting with San Diego. I am interested in learning more and driving to LA to speak to the Senators in person. If anyone is interested in joining me next week, please let me know. 

Address: 700 State Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90037

Here is the email. If anyone is in California, please send email to our Senators. 

Phone: (213) 745-6656

Hi Angela,
The California State Senate will soon debate AB 1731, a bill that would limit the ability of people to rent their own homes, and bans full-time vacation rentals entirely along the San Diego coast. AB 1731 would:
Devastate San Diego County hosts who depend on the extra incomeSet a troublesome precedent for short-term rentals along the rest of California’s coastSeverely jeopardize legally-protected access to the coast
The California State Senate will take a critical vote on the bill next week. Let’s tell them to OPPOSE AB 1731, that short-term rentals are vital for all California residents, and how home sharing is an important and affordable option for visiting families to access and enjoy the coastline. It only takes a few clicks.
Email the Committee
If the Committee votes no, this could be the end of AB 1731 for good. Your voice can make a difference. Show support for your fellow hosts in San Diego, and help protect home sharing along the coast. Send an email today.

Thanks,
The Airbnb Team

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Angela46 

Hello

Have a scan around here in CC using keywords in the searchbox & you are likely to find others who share similar views as your own.

There's a msg system you can use here to  that is usedul to network offline with others.

Keep an eye out online under ABB News as there's frequently articles online with updates of similar issues arising worldwide.

These jolly "academics" who incite some of these issues need to be held to account!

All the best

Central To All Home & Location, Auckland, New Zealand

Mark_Kathy1
Level 2
San Diego, CA

do you mean "Whole" Home Sharing or "   "Home Sharing"  Home Sharing is when the Host lives in the Prosperity, and rents extra Rooms!  Please Clarify