Home insurance Airbnb Ireland?

Home insurance Airbnb Ireland?

Hello everybody!
We are hosts in Ireland on a rented property, our landlord is struggling to find an insurance company that is willing to insure our house because we use Airbnb on it for short term lets. Does someone know an insurance company in Irelans willing to take liability for a house listed on Airbnb? Any help would be very much appreciated

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Natalia-and-Lamberto0

http://www.ukandirelandinsurance.com/bed-and-breakfast-insurance-ireland.html

A quick google came across this and there were many other hits:

David

I have started to rent our cottage out on Airbnb and now I am having trouble getting it insured! Ireland!

Joan23
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

I had my house insured with Lloyd's of London via a broker in Ireland but on renewal the broker's covering letter specifically excludes Airbnb lettings (not any other short term rental sites however). I find this extraordinary, as I would consider Airbnb gives a lot more control over the type of guest you host, than any of the other platforms. Has anyone else had this experience recently and if so have you found an alternative?

Hi,

Did anyone manage to find insurance like this? Any insurance company I've contacted, even if they specialize in Airbnb, will not insure for Airbnb if the house is not owner occupied. 

Thanks

Páraic0
Level 2
Athenry, Ireland

Hi all. We can relate! Looks like we’ve to pay over €700 for our house insurance for the coming year simply because we’re doing Airbnb. And, apparently lucky to get that?! Amazed that this situation still pertains. Only consolation may be that as far as I understand, this cost can be set against tax liability? Any further perspective or info appreciated. P

Jackie374
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

I'm in the same boat as presently moving to a new home to do Airbnb again but finding it hard to get insurance .Who did you get cover with in the end.  Does Air

bnb help in anyway I don't know about ??

Jackie

Jacqueline OKeeffe