Home insurance including AirBnB in Australia

Rosemary119
Level 2
Tamborine Mountain, Australia

Home insurance including AirBnB in Australia

I have had my insurance renewal come in at over $3000 for the year because we have a studio apartment attached to our property that we have as an AirBnB. No claims in the last 10 years and 29 Loyalty years with Nrma. Youi and Budget direct won’t touch me.

6 Replies 6
Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

@Rosemary119, we had our insurance re-organised through the Bendigo Bank a few months ago.

We took out Landlord's Insurance and Landlord's Accidental Damage.

These are in addition to Home/Contents. 

You may want to speak with a local branch, they were very helpful .

Cheers, Charles

Rosemary119
Level 2

Thank you for the info

Jane3076
Level 2
Newtown, Australia

Hi, how did you get on with your investigations of insurance? I am trying to find insurance at the moment. it sounds like we have the same studio situation as you, it has its own access and guests do not come into the main house but its under the same roofline (this seems to make a difference) up to date info would be great! 

Cheers Jane

Rosemary119
Level 2

Hello Jane, Shielded insurance brokers 1800979899. Were able to find someone for us. About $400 better than NRMA. 

Regards Rosemary

Dan13648
Level 2
Birkdale, Australia

Depends somewhat on your AirBnB setup. ie is your AirBnB part of your house? Do you also live at the property? Is your AirBnB an entire house/apartment?
I live onsite with part of my property as my AirBnB. For my situation the options seem to be:
1) two policies-   NRMA House+Contents policy and a ShareCover policy. This is probably the most expensive option,
2) one combined policy-  Ceneta Insurance Brokers have a competitive product
https://www.ceneta.com.au/
3) one combined policy- BJS Insurance Brokers also have a competitive product
https://www.bjsib.com.au/

Hope this helps 🙂

Olivia539
Level 2
Brisbane City, Australia

Yes Dan13648  your research is similar than mine

I have found Ceneta more competitive that bjsib but Ceneta conditions seem quite onerous, ie, one family member needs to be there when they are airbnb guests.