Homeowners' insurance in Canada

Homeowners' insurance in Canada

Hi All,

I've gone through number of threads in this forum and still unclear as to which insurance company covers airbnb hosts in Canada.  Does Squareone insurance in Canada provide homeowner insurance plus liability insurance for airbnb hosts in Canada?  I read somewhere Squareone won't provide coverage if the renter burns down the house, I want my insurance to cover that.   I have Melache Monnex now for home insurance but I guess it'll become void if the guest burns down the house?  

3 Replies 3
Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

(respect - it would be nice to have a completed profile when asking and replying to questions.....)

@B14

Even if you could find answers in these forum threads about house insurance - it is such an important thing and your home is the biggest and most important asset you own - that you should not rely on any info from this community help forum (which is only other hosts from Airbnb, not official employees or spokespeople).

Call your own insurance company and ask. Do your research online. The answers are there and insurance companies are catching up with the temp online rental market, in the US and Canada.

Best Wishes and Good Luck.

Lesley107
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

I have called over 10 insurance companies and obtained quotes which range from $3,700 to $4,200.

This as about 3 times what I now pay. There were sevral others that flatly refuse to provide any coverage, including my present insurance company, inspite of 25years with no claims.

Does anyone in Ontario have any leads on reasonable priced home insurance?

I also would like information in Ontario about his insurance issue?