Horrible Support from Airbnb - The guest threatened us by leaving bad review but Airbnb ignored it

Yancheng2
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Horrible Support from Airbnb - The guest threatened us by leaving bad review but Airbnb ignored it

I lease out a private master room of my apartment on Airbnb.

One of the guest didn't look at the listing carefully and didn't want the place once he arrived at night. He admitted it's his fault but expected me to cancel his reservation and then give him full refund which it's not fair to me because it's very unlikely to have replacement guest at such last minute. I have tried my best to accommodate by other offers. The guest refused to communicate and insisted his thought. 

The guest left right away and didn't visit anymore during his stay. He left me a bad review and lowest rating which causes the suspension on my listing. 

I tried to seek help from Airbnb support and the Support Ambassador couldn't be more careless. It took 2 hours for he/she to respond my each message on average. I got three irrelevant respond after the waiting of whole day. At the end of today, Support Ambassador just said that he/she would be out of the office for two days and even didn't respond to my last message. 

I simply request Airbnb to remove this biased review based on the 'Airbnb's Review Policy' and reactive my listing ASAP as this is a very straightforward dispute. The conversation between me and the guest on Airbnb can prove it as well. Thus, it should be solved easily.

The rental is part of my income plus there is a few amazing reviews on this listing already. However, the Airbnb support is not understanding at all.....

2 Replies 2
Yancheng2
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

An update after 10 days - it's proved that Airbnb Support's existence is for pissing off the hosts only.

On 26 July, we are advised that the relevant guest doesn't have an active account anymore thus his review would be removed. However, there is no change at my end. I keep chasing the followup. And meanwhile, the Ambassador takes two days to respond for each of my message. What's more, the Ambassador asked for a screenshoot and also CLOSED the chat RIGHT AWAY without achieving any progress. 

Airbnb seems to earn premium commission by taking no risk and giving zero contribution. Hope Airbnb also has a rating system for their Support Ambassadors as well!

**[Private conversation hidden]

@Yancheng2 

Greetings from France.
My registration is recent on airbnb (summer 2020), I share the F3 apartment, it is clearly mentioned from the start in my announcement. I had accepted very few guests: automatic reservation disabled, and 100% of the travelers from France that I had accepted at my place were respectful and friendly. Reciprocal notation 5 * or almost, reciprocally.
This summer, automatic reservation activated, and it's a disaster!
Travelers whose country of origin I will mention, because in the messages of other hosts they have mentioned it:
Portugal, Italy, Germany, Caucasian type ... I am French of Indian origin. These guests: single men, once a man was accompanied by his girlfriend.
My experience :
Dirty toilets, messed up and dirty room, dirty dishes piled up! I had to remind them several times to flush the toilet, to keep them clean, that it was not for me to "scrub the toilets" after them.
To my reminders they became vindictive.
Became extremely noisy, disrespectful, messed up the room, accumulated dirty dishes in the room .... and no longer spoke to me.
One of the single men early on committed the sexist harassment, I am not saying sexual because there was no touching but he was sticking me behind me, ogling me, standing right behind me in silence, surprised when I turned back he did not move and continued to stare at me; asked me to accompany him to visit the city ... Then, refused by me, become vindictive, left the toilet. dirty.
These two guests, Italian and German, left my home before the end of their stay. The German, at my request, and the Italian himself, both following my telephone complaints to airbnb.
And there you have it, the last blow of revenge: the defamatory comments by reversing the roles. For the German, I was so upset by his lies that I did not write an adequate response or comment, the time has passed ... I had reported the profile to airbnb, in support pictures and I thought that would be enough.
No action from airbnb or rather support for guests; after their so-called investigation, after all the evidence i sent through photos, airbnb trusted the guests and closed my cases.
The lesson: you shouldn't expect much from Airbnb if you're a host. I have decided to contact local authorities in case of vandalism. And the justice department in case of harassment, aggression, racist and / or sexist discrimination. One should not be discouraged by the messages on the forum which clearly take position systematically against certain ethnic groups.
Not to be discouraged by the messages on the forum which accuse the hosts: "unclear regulations"! Well let's see, you have to write in the ad that you have to flush the toilet. Humm... 

For my part, I record and accumulate evidence of all kinds on the dysfunction of airbnb for the future. I also learn from experienced hosts, their messages and their ads, and we can hope to better protect our home.