Horrible guest request full refund by false compliant and second case manager not fair and charged $940 back

Sally318
Level 2
Nanaimo, Canada

Horrible guest request full refund by false compliant and second case manager not fair and charged $940 back

A guest reserved my guest house from Aug 16 to Aug 26 , 2020 with non-refundable payment method. on August 17, a guest had to leave early due to car broken, but they want full refund, so took pictures for tiled ceiling and plastic-steel windows frame.there are some black color as old sealer and dust. he call it as black mold and thread me using rude words. I explained with him and would like to deep clean, but guest did not listen to me and left second day afternoon. then send request for full refund. I reported to AIrbnb representative right way, she told me I don't have to refund due to guest chose non-refundable method to take advantage of extra 10% off.

after I got email from Airbnb resolution center about this guest request, I called Airbnb case manager, she confirmed, it is my right to make refund or not.

A month later, I got another case manager-Amit’s email again, he totally stand with the horrible guest and charged me back $940 from my account. did not listen to me and did not have any professional proof.

It is unbelievable! Airbnb blocked my property for 10 days, cause me lost $940 revenue, and I have to suffer horrible guest bullying and no one can protect innocent host.

Such a nightmare with Airbnb!

Who I can reach out to fight against the second case manager decision?

Thank you in advance who can help me.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sally318 

The non-refundable option applies only when the guests cancels before check-in

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2600/whats-a-nonrefundable-option

So IMHO it was not true what the firsts CS rep told you, as the guest has already checked-in

So the normal procedures for refund apply if there is any trouble.

But as you explained, Airbnb did not see any serious trouble and left it to you if you want ed to give some refund.

It is rather strange a month after the case considered to be closed, Airbnb comes up with a different story. I think you should be at least informed about what have lead to this change of mind.

best regards,

Emiel

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

I suspect the guest harassed Airbnb to overturn the decision.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Sally318, I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you had with this guest. I have just sent you a DM with more info on your case, so please take a look when you have a minute 😊

Hi Katie,

This was happened 5 months. No higher level Manager contact with me. I complained to Airbnb Facebook account, they didn’t give me any response either. What kind of big platform ignores its host partners! Unbelievable!

I am still waiting and will fight for the host right.

Thank you.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"..., I called Airbnb case manager, ...".

The request from Airbnb was a text, so should have been the method of your answer. To me, calling Airbnb and opening a Pandora's Box has about the same level of risk.