Horrid guest

Horrid guest

The guest I have in are not sticking to the rules. They are also working on site if I had known this I wouldn't of took the reservation...

I have contacted BnB who was fine until I was referred to someone else it's been 2 days and no response from BnB 

My guess are here for 10 days and we have decided to stick it out but know they are going to give a bad review just by their attitude to me the amount of times I've  asked  them to close gate on leaving because our dogs are roaming is unbelievable and there is a notice on gate and also in the rule book in accommodation, we can also here them moaning about farm machinery  running out in the field ,we are a farm ....

Why isn't Airbnb responding ?

What shall I do ?

6 Replies 6

@Jane3235  It's frustrating that Airbnb customer service is unresponsive, but it's not clear to me what you believe they can do for you here. Your two options are a) remove the guests from the property and refund the remaining nights, or b) stick it out and keep reminding them of the rules. Either way, you and the guest will still be able to review each other.

There's no good option in this situation, but you could try presenting your insistence that they leave as an opportunity to get some of their money back and relocate somewhere that better fits their needs. Whoever can pull that off, I'd love to see them dumping their lover: "I'm stepping out of your way to fully support you in the journey to find your soul mate." 

I am sticking it out because I'm a nice person even though my husband would gladly as them to leave ....

These people think they are above everyone else ,hearing them on the phones (working in my apartment which its not ment for)if I knew o wouldn't took the reservation...

They are so rude 

@Jane3235  I think you'd be no less of a nice person if you chose to protect your home and your dogs over having your hospitality abused by disrespectful people. Your character is not on trial here - you just have to weigh the consequences and decide what is best for you.

But anyway, since you've made the decision to stick it out, why bother with customer service?  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Jane3235 Any rules you expect the guest to follow need to be communicated in your listing so they can see them before they book.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Jane3235 Your place is gorgeous! I'd love to stay there myself. 

As to your listing, you might want to enter some more detail about it being a working farm, and the possibility of hearing machinery or animal noises, or whatever may arise. Get all of the possible "negatives" out of the way in your listing, and then guests should be better prepared as to what to expect. 

I also don't see anything about guests not staying in and working during their stay. Why would that bother you? Remember- it's their space while they are staying. You don't know their motivation for coming to say. While you may think of it as a base for those who like to be outside, they may just need a change of pace from their usual spot, and you do advertise fast wifi, which is kind of all one needs to work from any location. 

Yes, they should follow your rules as to closing gates, etc., but a few more details in your listing might prevent friction with guests in the future. 

Maybe try to reset the attitude from them with a bottle of wine and another request to close the gates, because your dogs or other animals might escape. Just humor them until they're gone and hopefully salvage their attitude towards their stay. 

Jerrold3
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Airbnb's response to hosts with difficult guests who lie and damage their property is abysmal.  We've been waiting for over two weeks for a response after elevating our complaint.  Airbnb needs to step up.