Host Early Pay Fee

Host Early Pay Fee

Airbnb sent me an email saying my account was elgible for early pay. Basically this new feature allows me to get paid 48 hours after a guest books, instead of waiting a day after they check in. It says each payment will have an Host Early Pay fee, but doesn't tell me how much the fee is. Does anyone know?

52 Replies 52
Ann228
Level 2
New Bern, NC

I don't know what the Host Early fee is either.  However, I doubt I would use it as it's as if we were counting our chickens before they hatch...not my style.

I am wondering why they are not listing the host early fee price as well.

I just found it. It says the fee is an additional 1%. I think this is a nice feature if one has an expense where they need the money sooner. I dont know if this is something I would set permanently. 

Get paid within a few days of the guest booking your listing. 
Host Early Pay will apply to bookings confirmed 14 to 90 days prior to guest check-in. Host Early Pay does not apply to long-term reservations (28 nights or more), listings with a super strict cancellation policy, or anytime that an amount owed hasn’t been fully paid. An additional 1% fee applies to each eligible payout; you can disable Host Early Pay at any time.

Wherre did you find the 1% details?

Someone noted that the early pay fee is 1%. On my account, it is listed as 3%.

Hi @Vonnie-and-Patricia0,

Any chance you can provide a screenshot?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Kalin-And-Marquis0   @Vonnie-and-Patricia0... where did you find this information?  I can not find it under my acct payout, or in any of the related subject of fees in the help section of the site.   When did this appear?  This does not make me happy.

I don't think they made the feature available to every host. It was located under my payout settings for me.

@Kalin-And-Marquis0 , thanx for alerting us to this! I never got that email, so I am learning about it here.

So when I carefully read your added paragraph, it makes me think they are adding this as their new default system payout: saying, "host early pay will apply...." it reads to me as that is what is going to happen automatically, not by choice. then also saying, "you can disable...."  points to having the choice only then, after they enacted their new payout plan, so we can get out if we want to, but one has to know about it in the first place! I looked around a bit and searched in my account for it under payout preferences,  can't find it there, only my payout bank account.  I am on mobile, will check later on desktop, maybe I can find it then.

Sorry to say, so underhanded by Airbnb to slip it in - like they could announce that in the Airbnb Updates here, couldn't they? 

they changed it to 3%

CharlesandSteph0
Level 2
Centennial, CO

Kalin, it looks like you were able to find the fee for Host Early Pay.

For everyone else reading this thread, the fee is NOT listed in the Terms and Conditions, I imagine this gives them the flexibility to have different prices for hosts in different markets.

To find your fee for Host Early Pay:

Go into the account setting page -> Go to Payout Preferences Tab

There it will have a switch to activate Host Early Pay, and in the description by the switch it will tell you what your fee is.

Hope this helps anyone who is looking to find the early pay information.

Can someone provide the link to the terms?  It would be greatly appreciated.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@CharlesandSteph0 , I tried to find it on both mobile and desktop: just not there for me.... makes me think they are testing it or only introducing in certain markets, but I am also in the US, so I wonder why I can't find it. Usually I find new stuff right away....

Annette,

I looked on my mobile version and it wasn't available there.  I can see it from my desktop though.  Did you receive the email?  That was how I initially found out about it.  I'm intrigued to see that for some people the fee is 3%, it makes me wonder if they are testing the price sensitivity of their hosts. 

I probably won't use this feature because most of my guests book within a week or two of their stay, but I imagine for some people it would be nice to get the money now rather than having to wait.

Good luck tracking down the Host Early Pay feature.

Charles