Host Functions gone from my screens, cannot update listing or respond to messages from guests

Carolyn16
Level 3
Groveland, CA

Host Functions gone from my screens, cannot update listing or respond to messages from guests

3 days ago all of my Host Functions disappeared from my screen choices. No drop down menu at top right with host functions. No menu items across top left of screen with host functions. InBox, Calendar, Reservations, Listing, etc.  Are they having a software install glitch, does anyone else see this? (I looked in help and community threads, did not see anything.) I tried calling, hours on phone with no connection. I tried messaging Help function, no reply. 

>>> I did find a way to get to my listing, a work around whatever problem they are having. If I go to My Account (under my name/photo top right), then to Update Profile, then to My Listing, then to Update Listing, then all my host stuff shows up. My listing is still active, and I don't know how to fix this problem.

7 Replies 7
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Same thing with mine, @Carolyn16 . Try this. (It is what is working for me.) Instead of going to airbnb.com, go to airbnb.com/hosting/inbox.

When I do that, my host menu shows up at the top as before and I can navigate to Calendar, Listings, etc. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Carolyn16 @Lawrene0, I hope you're both well! Is this still happening to both of you? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Carolyn16 @Quincy @Lawrene0 it has been happening to me also for a while. The work around I found was to click on my profile picture and name on top right and then on manage properties. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Carolyn16 @Lawrene0 @Inna22, it seems that it's not a bug but rather redesigning that's going on to ensure hosts and guests find the most relevant information to them during this time. I still went ahead and passed your feedback on to the team so that they are aware of this.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Quincy my main feedback would be to update us on the changes. So I am not spending 20 minutes restarting my devices, shaking and yelling at my phone, postponing doing things until something “broken” is fixed by Airbnb where in reality it is just an upgrade. Can there be a weekly tech update pinned to hosting page? A section in the Airbnb monthly news email about what is being planned?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Quincy  " redesigning that's going on to ensure hosts and guests find the most relevant information to them during this time."

How on earth does Airbnb expect that changing things around without notice and making what we are used to non-functional ensures that we find the relevent information? It does the exact opposite.

Mr. Chesky apologized to hosts, during his recent video, for not advising or consulting hosts about changes to the way Airbnb is conducting business. It's an entirely hollow apology if this modus operandi simply continues.

Michelle2137
Level 4
New South Wales, Australia

whatever the changes I seem to be constantly searching to get to my inbox and calendar etc. Im also not getting all my messages in my inbox, I know they're coming thru because they also show up in my messages on my iPhone. I'm getting a lot of spam, airbnb, has deleted some of it, I saw some in my email that I didn't see in my messages and now I've gone from 100% in all my ratings to 88% Im only a 4 star which has just happened in the last 3 weeks