Host Referral Program

Answered!
Ryan59
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Host Referral Program

Question about 'Host Referral Program': I was referreed by a friend (airBnB host) to start hosting and was told I will earn £38 after hosting a trip. I clicked on the link, listed my place, started hosting...but I never received the £38 or any message about it. It still shows as notification as "XYZ invited to share your space. Earn a £38 after hosting a trip." (which I have already done!!!)
Any advice?

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Ryan59 You will receive credit when someone has booked and completed a  the reservation with a value of $100 or more excluding guest fees (i.e. cleaning fees), Airbnb service fees and taxes, if applicable.  When you have done this, it may take a week or so for you to receive the credit.  You can learn more about how it works here: 

www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host

Although it mostly talks about what the referring host must do, it does explain what you need to do as a referred host. 

Hope this helps!  Clare

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Ryan59 You will receive credit when someone has booked and completed a  the reservation with a value of $100 or more excluding guest fees (i.e. cleaning fees), Airbnb service fees and taxes, if applicable.  When you have done this, it may take a week or so for you to receive the credit.  You can learn more about how it works here: 

www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host

Although it mostly talks about what the referring host must do, it does explain what you need to do as a referred host. 

Hope this helps!  Clare

Lida1
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi everybody, I would like to ask you, I reffered a new host, but first 2 reservations were under 100USD. How does it work, do I still have a chance to earn for host with next reservation and how many days from creating the profile? Thank you for your answer.

Linda

Hi @Lida1  You can see all the terms for Referrals here: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host

Your referred friend has 150 days to host a qualifying reservation. 

Hope this helps, Clare

Did your referred host succeed in getting a reservation >$100  (within the timeframe)?  If so, did you receive the payout?

Thanks Angie

Claire, I also started up my host account with the promise of a $200 bonus if I host by/before January 15, 2017. My first guest is scheduled for this weekend but I no longer see any information about the Host Referral Program on my account.

Also, I am having problems responding to messages on my phone because I started another room listing for a different space but used the same phone number! How can I fix this?

@Andrea509 did you use a referral link when you created your account?  If so, you will receive your bonus when you host a reservation whose value is $100 or more excluding guest fees, Airbnb service fees and taxes, if applicable.  Your bonus payout typically happens about 2 weeks after the conclusion of the qualifying reservation, just to be sure there are no refunds or cancellations, etc. 

With regards to your phone issues, did you create a second account for the additional listing or did you add the new listing to your existing account? Users are only allowed to have one account which may have many listings attached to it. Let me know and we'll go from there.  

Here is the complete Terms for Host referrals: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host

Although it says Referring Hosts, there is information there for referred hosts. 🙂

I used the same link to create both accounts, and now I'm having trouble because the same cell phone number is on both accounts (the other one isn't set up to accommodate travelers yet).

Hello Clare! Do you know if only the first reservation to have 100 $ value counts, or any reservation within 150 days? I referred a host, he had his first reservation but the value was less than that, and now I'm wondering if later when he has another reservation of 100 usd or more, will I still be eligible for the bonus? 

I found this: 

To qualify for any payouts, the Referred Host’s first received booking must have a value of at least 100 USD. 

That means that only the first reservation matters, therefore no chance of getting the bonus with any other reservation? 

Thank you a lot!! 

@Ingrid206 Yes, this is very confusing.  The policy is that you will receive your Travel Credit when the host you referred hosts a stay with a value of $100 USD or more (excluding Airbnb's service fee, guest fees and taxes, if applicable) within 150 days of creating their host profile.  So, you are still eligible to be rewarded for your referral!

L39
Level 2
New York, United States

Hi,

What is the exact policy.  Is it the first guest or is it first guest over $100?  What exactly makes of eligible?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@L39 First guest that has a reservation totalling over $100. 
I've just been paid out £356 from a referral which came after the host's third reservation (the prior two were one-nighters only). 

L39
Level 2
New York, United States

Congratulations of the payout.   I am happy someone has benefited from this program.

In my case, my referral had a first guest of $50 and the second guest was $2080 and air B and B said I was ineligible because her first reservation had to be over $100 USD. Seems a bit of a scam.

Very frustrated at this point that they would conceal such an important stipulation.  To be honest, she could have refused the $50.00 offer if she knew that it would have made me ineligible to receive the $300.  Mind you she is now booked solid for the next 3 months.  So air B and B is making their percentage and paid nothing. 

Seems a bit of a scam on my end.

@Gordon

The status I'm seeing is:

$360 referral bonus
Listing published · Waiting for eligible reservation

To be eligible for a referral bonus, the guest’s stay must be 100 USD or higher and completed by December 28, 2018.

Am I being too impatient?
Cheers ..

@L39 it is the first guest reservation with a value of $100 excluding fees.  The new host has 150 days from when the listing was published to have this type of reservation.  

Yes, the Terms are poorly written, hence the confusion.  😞