Host Referral Program

Answered!
Ryan59
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Host Referral Program

Question about 'Host Referral Program': I was referreed by a friend (airBnB host) to start hosting and was told I will earn £38 after hosting a trip. I clicked on the link, listed my place, started hosting...but I never received the £38 or any message about it. It still shows as notification as "XYZ invited to share your space. Earn a £38 after hosting a trip." (which I have already done!!!)
Any advice?

1 Best Answer
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Ryan59 You will receive credit when someone has booked and completed a  the reservation with a value of $100 or more excluding guest fees (i.e. cleaning fees), Airbnb service fees and taxes, if applicable.  When you have done this, it may take a week or so for you to receive the credit.  You can learn more about how it works here: 

www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host

Although it mostly talks about what the referring host must do, it does explain what you need to do as a referred host. 

Hope this helps!  Clare

View Best Answer in original post

62 Replies 62
L39
Level 2
New York, United States

So it can be any reservation?  Do you have personal knowledge of this?  As the company is now saying it must be the FIRST reservation and must be $100.00 to receuive anything.  Her first reservation was 50.00, second reservation was $2080, and she is booked for the 3 months out.  

This seems to be a bit of a scam

@L39 I would contact Airbnb again.  Likely you got a new customer support person who was just reading the terms.  I have confirmed with support that it does not have to be the very first reservation.  Get a second opinion.  

Mind you, it can take up to 30 days after the end of the qualifying reservation for you to get the referral bonus.  When did the $2080 reservation end?

It is a total SCAM by airbnb.  Trust me.  Just had a similar experience.  I referred a host, helped her buy the furniture and everything.  Apparently the invitation I sent to her expired 2 days before her first booking went through and now they won't honor the referral fee even though it is an on going promotion!  I felt like I was beating my head against the wall.  I spoke to multiple Airbnb "Support" members.

Leslie84
Level 1
Essen, Germany

Hi I keep being prompted to refer someone to be a host and each time I click to do that it says "you are not eligible for the host referal program right now" anyone know what that's about? 

thanks,
Leslie

Chill0
Level 1
Kaohsiung City, Taiwan

Hi everyone!

I'd like to start participating in Host Referral Program, but before that I want to make one thing clear - does the Reffered Host's first booking have to be of the TOTAL (regardless of the number of nights) value of at least 100 USD or it must be 100 USD PER NIGHT? I found two different things on Airbnb's website. 

On this link (https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1129/host-referral-program-t-c---referring-host), the article says the following:

"To qualify for any payouts, the Referred Host’s first received booking must have a value (excluding cleaning fees, taxes, and special offers) of at least 100 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency)."

On the other link (https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1130/host-referral-program-t-c---referred-host) it says:

"To qualify, you must (a) have been referred by a Referring Host; (b) accept a reservation from someone else than family or friends; (c) with total Accommodation Fees of at least 100 USD (or the equivalent in your local currency) or more per night, excluding fees such as cleaning fees and taxes (“Qualifying Booking”)."

Does anyone know which one of these apply?

Thanks a lot!

Viktor

@Chill0 Good catch! I believe it is the value of the entire reservation, not $100 per night otherwise 1/3 of referred hosts with one night stays would never get their bonus.  But will check and get back to you.  🙂

@Chill0 Just got an answer from Airbnb: it is the total cost of the reservation, not $100 per night.  Cheers!

Referred host qualifying reservation.JPG

Boon-Hooi0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I had referred a host which she listed a unit using my invite link. But I don't see she appear on my refer host tab.

How soon this info will appear on my refer host tab?

Immediately after she list her property or after few days?

Her guest will check in today

@Boon-Hooi0 You and your referred friend will receive a bonus once your friend has hosted a reservation with a value of $100 USD or the equivalent in Vietnamese currency.  Once this type of reservation has been completed, you will recieve your bonus within 2 weeks. 

You can check the status of your referral here:

www.airbnb.com/invite

Here are the compete Terms of the Host Referral program: 

https://www.airbnb.com/refer/terms_and_conditions

Hope this helps!

Kurt80
Level 2
Mae Taeng, Thailand

I didn't use the referral link when I talked to my sister and convinced her to become a host. Am I eligible for the referral award since she has hosted several guests already?

@Kurt80  No you needed to invite her to be eligible for the credit.

Host referrals:

A referral credit is not issued until the host you referred has their first stay that's worth over $100 USD excluding tax, cleaning fees and service fee's, so if she's not made that on her first finished booking you do not qualify for the credit yet. If she did have a stay that qualified, you will be paid within 30 days of the end of that stay They will have 150 days to accept this kind of qualifying reservation for you to get receive credit. 

Kurt80
Level 2
Mae Taeng, Thailand

Poop. If I hadn't talked her into becoming a host....Ohh well.

Did you end up ever getting paid? It says I need to wait 15 days to get the payment. Does it actually end up going through?

L39
Level 2
New York, United States

Air B and B will only pay if it is the first reservation AND that first reservation is a value of $100 or more.  This is a scam because it is impossible to ensure how much your first hosting will be.  Like literally out of your control.  Especially considering they encourage you to offer discounts and minimum rates to your first few hostings.  My referal is booked for the next 3 months.  She accepted a $50 reservation (special offer), second reservation was $2080, third was $1080, and they said I get $0.00.  All reservations happened within 20 days of her opening her account.  

If anything, they insure that you AND your referal would have to be more calculating (i.e actively manipulate what reservations are accepted in order to make actually get a referal).  This is a scam and in bad faith.  Shame on you air B and B.

How do I sign my friend up for hosting,?