Host address and the Airbnb location also nearby location given by Host don't match(15Km far)

Answered!

Host address and the Airbnb location also nearby location given by Host don't match(15Km far)

Hi All,

I have just made a reservation on Airbnb. My issue is that the address which I received in the email and the nearby location which was mention in the description are very far around 15KM.

Now it is like wrong information mention by host on the description. I am not willing to stay so far. But if I will cancel it my side I am losing  my money.

It is not my fault that Host has mention wrong information. What we can do in this case.

Regards,

Manmeet Singh

1 Best Answer
Carolyn5
Level 8
Leongatha South, Australia

This is one reason why I do not use Instant Book. If you have your settings so that you can chat with the guest before accepting any booking you can clarify issues like this.  Message this guest and ask them to clearly state their address, then do a Google / reverse phone lookup search to check details.  If you are not happy with the result telephone Air BnB and ask them to resolve the booking for you.

Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

From the bottom of the screen, choose either “My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue.” Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues.  Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.  

If you tick the box about hosting and then choose for safety matters, you get the possibility to speak directly with someone from AirBnB in a chat box. 

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less.  If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you.  Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically.  Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes. USA is +1 (415) 800 5959

Cheers and good luck,

Carolyn

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Carolyn5
Level 8
Leongatha South, Australia

This is one reason why I do not use Instant Book. If you have your settings so that you can chat with the guest before accepting any booking you can clarify issues like this.  Message this guest and ask them to clearly state their address, then do a Google / reverse phone lookup search to check details.  If you are not happy with the result telephone Air BnB and ask them to resolve the booking for you.

Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

From the bottom of the screen, choose either “My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue.” Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues.  Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.  

If you tick the box about hosting and then choose for safety matters, you get the possibility to speak directly with someone from AirBnB in a chat box. 

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less.  If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you.  Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically.  Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them within minutes. USA is +1 (415) 800 5959

Cheers and good luck,

Carolyn

Thank you Carolyn

That AirBnB number was helpful. I was able to contact them and explain all the situation. They crossed checked with the Host for location. Finally they have confirmed, the location entered by host is not correct and they will do full refund. Hopefully I will receive the full refund soon.

I really appreciated your help.

Regards,

Manmeet Singh

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree contact BNB and tell them the location is 15 km from where it shows on the map. 

Ask them to cancel the booking and help you find somewhere in the location you actually want to stay in.

Good luck

Thank you Helen for commenting on this topic.

AirBnb executive have agreed to refund the full amount. Unfortunately now no accommodation is available in that price range.

I really appreciated your help.

Regards,

Manmeet Singh

Sumari0
Level 1
Klapmuts, South Africa

I am a host of few cottages on a farm in Stellenbosch, South Africa and I am unable to change my location on goolge maps.  Airbnb has pinpointed it 20km from my location and I am unable to change it! So frustrating for me and my guests. Please help!!