Host asking extra charges

Kamalpreet0
Level 1
Mississauga, Canada

Host asking extra charges

Hi , we were 5 gusts , I clearly mentioned that In our rooms search requirements. Liked Marie’s lodges at Ottawa  which was offering 3 bedrooms with beds  in each room for $35 +tax =$ 50 .70 ( showing 10.17 for each guest )

After I booked host is saying that is each room price , so if we need 2 bedrooms we have to pay extra $50+ But when we booked it , it was offering 3 bedrooms In $35+ tax ????? And did not mention anywhere individual room price . It is misleading the gusts and so inconvenient 

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Kamalpreet0 ,

Probably the host did not setup the listing OK.

If it is a mistake, the host offcourse is still bound to the offer.

But if it is done on purpose, then the listing should be also reported to Airbnb as misleading.

Can you provide the direct link to the listing here to check what is offered ?

Best regards, Emiel

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Kamalpreet0  I am afraid you have booked with a host that is not familiar with how to list on the platform.  If the host is charging for each room the host should be listing each room separately and if the entire house is available that would be another separate listing.  I think this is a situation that if something is too good to be true, than it is not true.

You should contact Air BNB about the issue and request help finding a suitable listing.  More than likely you will have to pay more for multiple bedrooms.   Air BNB will cancel your reservation without penalty to you.

Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.  Good luck

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728