Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

Answered!

Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

I'm a host and I was was given an overall rating from a stay of 4 stars.  On closer examination, the guest had left me 5 stars in all categories.  I called airbnb customer service and asked why my stars were 4 and not 5 and they replied with, "because your guest left the stars blank in the category "respects house rules.""

I asked for their policy on "Respects house rules" as it applies to a host and neither the agents or supervisors could give me anything on it.  They're just telling me to accept it.  I asked other hosts around me if they're rated in that category and their responses have been "no."

One supervisor thought it was a glitch, but the tech team threw it back and said it wasn't.  He said guests do not rate hosts for respecting their own house rules.  They're refusing to make the correction for their error.  Meanwhile, I'm being excluded from searches because of their error.  Airbnb is punishing their hosts and telling them to accept what is being given to them even though they ALL acknowledged it as being wrong.

1 Best Answer

102 Replies 102

And for the record, what a couple of them have said on the phone and then messaged me have not been congruent.  So that's probably where you're lost too.  My explanations make sense to me because I've talked to each one personally.  3 also blocked me from responding even though I kept clicking the button that I still needed help.  It's a case for upper management because it's clear that this cannot be fixed by phone operators.

@Breighana0 I can't blame  them for blocking you as, even though you can see the guest left you 4 stars  and yet you refuse to accept it.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Mike-And-Jane0Since you're a level 10 and you know it all, explain why I got a 4 star overall rating here based on the above image information.

@Breighana0 The reason you got a 4 star overall is because that is what the guest gave you! Ignore the customer service input. You have posted what the guest gave you AND IT IS 4 STARS. 

@Mike-And-Jane0LOL

It was confirmed with her that SHE left 5 stars as the other reps have confirmed after their investigations.  I feel like you should be demoted in community for not being able to read and comprehend and being a detriment to issues instead of the solution.

@Breighana0 the reps are wrong. You posted her review earlier and it showed 4 stars for the overall rating.

The reps were wrong?  After concluding their investigation with her that she actually did leave 5 stars in the overall category but it is reflecting differently on the app?  Lol ok sir.  Someone needs to dismount their high horse.

Yes, the overall rating was taken down to 4 stars because "respects house rules" was left blank.respects house rules.jpg

@Breighana0  your screenshot here shows what we assume to be the Overall Rating at the top, 4 stars. The guest chose that, sometimes it happens that they choose a lower overall rating. 

I know you think the Overall Rating is an average. It is not, as far as we've been told.  

Have you contacted the guest directly to ask them if they left a 4 or 5 star Overall Rating? That will answer the question. 

20220929_093530.jpg

 Don't go quiet on me now. 

Explain this to me

@Breighana0  The answer is the guest gave  you 4 stars overall.  It  happens fairly often that guests will give 5 stars in the categories, but 4 stars overall.  I don't know what else to tell if you don't believe people here who have recently traveled as guests and tell you there is absolutely not any 'host followed house rules' category.

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

The guest gave me 5 stars overall and it was confirmed.  Explain to me please how 5 stars equals 4 stars.

20220929_093530.jpg