Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

Answered!

Host being rated for "Respects house rules"

I'm a host and I was was given an overall rating from a stay of 4 stars.  On closer examination, the guest had left me 5 stars in all categories.  I called airbnb customer service and asked why my stars were 4 and not 5 and they replied with, "because your guest left the stars blank in the category "respects house rules.""

I asked for their policy on "Respects house rules" as it applies to a host and neither the agents or supervisors could give me anything on it.  They're just telling me to accept it.  I asked other hosts around me if they're rated in that category and their responses have been "no."

One supervisor thought it was a glitch, but the tech team threw it back and said it wasn't.  He said guests do not rate hosts for respecting their own house rules.  They're refusing to make the correction for their error.  Meanwhile, I'm being excluded from searches because of their error.  Airbnb is punishing their hosts and telling them to accept what is being given to them even though they ALL acknowledged it as being wrong.

1 Best Answer

102 Replies 102

Screenshot_20220928-214835.png

**[Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Breighana0 you have missed out location from your list and added value in a place where it doesn't exist. This has clearly confused customer services.

Anyway, it is very clear from what is on your account that you were given 5 stars in each category and 4 stars overall. 

I am leaving this discussion now as you don't seem to want to recognise the truth.

@Huma0this is what I see- name redacted.

I have 5 stars for everything even overall, but the overall is showing 4.  I asked them why it says 4 and they said it's because the guest left the stars blank for "respects house rules."  We all agree that hosts are not to be rated on "respects house rules" yet because she left it blank, it DID affect my rating and that is the reason I was given from ALL cs and supervisors as being the cause.

And I've now talked to 9 people.  I counted.

I was given 5 stars for EVERYTHING, yet it is reflecting 4 stars INCORRECTLY.  I'm not mixing my words, you are just misunderstanding, so please pay attention to the capitalized words.

@Huma0 

Screenshot_20220928-221813.jpg

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What do you mean when you say 'it's reflecting 4 stars incorrectly'

the guest can give you 5 stars  for each category and still give you a 4 star overall rating . 

can you screenshot this guests review where you see the 4 star you are alluding to so we can see what you mean. 

What rep did you talk to?

If you want the truth and truly do care about this situation, call up a rep, have them send me a message and get into my case, I'll give her permission to share it with you and then they can explain it to you.  I will give FULL authorization.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Don't be silly no Airbnb rep is going to contact you just because I ask them to. @Breighana0 . Nor will they give me access to your account. You're the only one who can do this.

You've been so rude to your fellow hosts here who have tried to help you that quite honestly there's nothing more I want to say. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I stayed at an Airbnb a few weeks ago . There is no 'respect house rules' category when you leave a review.

@Breighana0 

why don't you do what @Mike-And-Jane0  suggested and post the insights information from your listing . 

20220929_093530.jpg

@Mark116In response to your "There is not any 'respects house rules' category for the hosts."respects house rules.jpg

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Breighana0 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/1257/star-ratings

Lists all the categories for rating a listing...