Host cancelled and kicked me out

Aadil4
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Host cancelled and kicked me out

The host kicked me out of Airbnb for no reason and I paid for a whole new place for the remaining days. The host said they will process the refund, but they aren't responding to messages from Airbnb and claim they are trying to reach out to Airbnb. The Airbnb case manager on my case has stopped responding to my message and hasn't called me back. Horrible experience with Airbnb. I will make sure the company loses business from 10 other people. Please help! 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Aadil4  It seems unlikely that you were kicked out with no reason, even though you may feel it was without reason. What did the host say to you as to why they were kicking you out?

They wanted me to find a new place and they said they will process the refund for the remaining days. I just want my refund and don't care about the reason. 

Aadil4
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Update: The host has been trying to reach out to Airbnb and they aren't replying to him. The host was actually nice enough to make an effort to process the refund. But the Airbnb customer service isn't helping the host or me (the guest). 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Aadil4  The wheels of Airbnb customer service grind slowly. Dealing with them requires patience and persistence (politeness, as well- I call it the 3Ps of dealing with CS. Getting irritated or nasty with them is the surest way of causing them to start ignoring you- not saying you've done this, it's just a tip), . Also you and the host should understand that the CS is swamped right now with all the COVID cancellation mess. They will eventually reply, but likely not in the time frame you and the host would prefer.