Host cancellend and 14 days later, I have still not yet received my refund from Airbnb

Rachel193
Level 1
Bowral, Australia

Host cancellend and 14 days later, I have still not yet received my refund from Airbnb

Hi

My Host cancellend my booking and I rebooked with another Host.   I then got an e-mail from Airbnb saying I would get a refund in my account for the difference of the booking prices and it would take up to 5 days to go into my account.  It has been 14 days later and I have still not received the money from Airbnb.

I have treid to follow this up through the Resolution Centre - with no luck.  If I click on the Host that cancelled to request a refund, it takes me to my new Host and I don't need a refund though them. 

I can't acually contact Airbnb in any other way so am now hoping someone can help me here with how I can get in touch with Airbnb as to why my refund has not come back to my credit card.

Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

Rachel

2 Replies 2
Judy1
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't gotten the difference back yet. The best way to get a hold of Airbnb is to either tweet them (@AirbnbHelp) or call them at 1-855-424-7262. A case manager can look into why the difference was not processed. 

Good luck! 🙂 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Rachel193 Actually, you will need to call the Australian phone number: +61 2 8520 3333