Host confirms means dates blocked but unpaid?

Shan27
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Host confirms means dates blocked but unpaid?

As a host I have Confirmed a Reservation Request. This blocks the Request dates in my Calendar. But from the status info I've read the booking has not been paid until it shows as Accepted.

Surely the dates should not be blocked until payment has been made?

I have other enquiries interested in the same dates.

Also new enquirers will be put off by the block yet it is not yet paid.

4 Replies 4
Lorena343
Level 1
Rowlett, TX

If you acept but don't block it than someone else can come and pay and get those days.

I stop blocking because most of the times people are just shopping around and you miss out on a real one. 

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

@Shan27 Never block the dates for a booking inquiry. Otherwise, you may lose the chance for other guests to book.

If it is a booking request, after you accept it, the dates will be automatically blocked. But you will not receive the full payment. And depending on your settings for payment, you may get partial payment in a few days after you accept the booking request.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mike1034 

I do not understand what you are stating here about "partial payment" ?

Please explain.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Shan27 

It is indeed annoying dates are blocked during the 24 hour guest can make payment.

Especially because this status also can not be cancelled by the host. It means you just have no other option then to wait, and if payment does not come through at all, other people did not had a change to book the dates  during 24 hours.