Host details is different from profile

Host details is different from profile

I have created a new listing and profile but is using a "super host" in our area to manage my bookings.

Do you need to create the listing from the "host" profile or can you add the host's details?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Zelda14,

If another person is managing your bookings, then it is a co-host:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1243/what-s-a-co-host

best regards,

Emiel

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You should never set up your listing under your co-hosts profile or they will gain all your reviews and ratings.

Set up your own profile and listing and add your co-host to it.

Vince44
Level 2
Seattle, WA

@Zelda0 you can do either or but it depends on your how involved you want to be, the relationship you have with the cohost, how much control youd like to retain, how long you plan to airbnb, etc...

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @Vince44

I can't agree with you here.  The only person it benefits for a host to set up their listing on their co-hosts profile is the co-host.

It doesn't matter how involved you want to be as a host and how long you want to host.

Setting up your own listing means you collect the ratings and reviews and if you decide you no longer want to use a co-host or host by yourself you have that flexibility. Your co-host can still manage your listing through your own account.

If you set up your listing under a co-host and you want to move on, you would have to start from scratch and lose all your ratings and reviews.